ASSISTANT NURSING OFFICER (2 POSTS)
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR Mbeya Medical Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centres located in Mbeya. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. The National Institute for Medical Research is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill vacant position whose duty station will be in Mbeya City.
JOB POSITION: ASSISTANT NURSING OFFICER (2 POSTS)
Nurses will be responsible for; patients’ care, caring of mother and baby and drug dispensing. In executing her/his duties, the officer shall abide by Clinical ethics, hospital policy as well as NIMR and Government Regulations.
The Assistant Nursing Officer will report and work under the Head of TB &Emerging Diseases Research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To carryout general Nursing care of patients including Administration of medicines, injection and treatment of patients prescribed by doctors;
- To collect relevant heath statistics and prepare plan of action;
- To conduct Health Education activities and counselling;
- To provide counselling services;
- To perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES:
- Holder of Diploma in one of the following field: Nursing, Midwifery or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution and registered with Tanzania Nurses and Midwives Council;
- A minimum of one (1) year working experience with research organization or research institution;
- A valid professional license from the Tanzania Nurses and Midwives Council.
- A candidate must have a thorough knowledge of clinical research concepts, practices, and regulatory and ICH GCP Guidelines regarding drug or vaccine development phases, clinical research and data management methods;
- Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking settings with a high level of integrity;
- Strong language skills, fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili including presentation skills;
- Good analytical skills and ability to understand complex subjects, extract and communicate relevant information from data and documents;
- Ability to prepare report using MS Office software, for internal and stakeholders’ communication;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize time appropriately and effectively;
- Self-motivated; able to work independently under minimal supervision to complete tasks and respond to appropriate project authority requests and to collaborate with others;
- A team player with a strong organization, planning with ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
- The applicant should be a Tanzanian below 45 years old.
TERMS: One (1) year contract which may be renewed by mutual agreement bases of performance and availability of funds.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications should be enclosed with certified copies of relevant certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and names of at least two reliable referees.
Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Applicants are also reminded to indicate reliable day time contact information.Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.
In your application letter use the address below:
THE CENTRE MANAGER, NIMR – MBEYA MEDICAL RESEARCH CENTRE, P.O. BOX 2410, MBEYA, TANZANIA. Please Use the Link Below to apply, we do not accept the hard copy or email submission. Deadline of submission is 11th April, 2023