National Institute for Medical Research
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR Mbeya Medical Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centres located in Mbeya. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. The National Institute for Medical Research is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill vacant position whose duty station will be in Mbeya City.
JOB POSITION: ASSISTANT RESEARCH OFFICER – SOCIAL SCIENTIST (2 POSTS)
The Social Scientist will be responsible for overall coordinating and supervision of all social science aspects of the project. He/she will also be responsible for community engagement, community sensitization and liaising with project stakeholder.
The Social Scientist will report and work under the Head of TB & Emerging Diseases Research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
i. Overall leadership of the social science part of the study;
ii. Prepare data collection tools and software;
iii. Plan and supervise implementation of qualitative field data collection;
iv. Train and supervise the field team during qualitative data collection;
v. Perform qualitative data management, analysis and reporting;
vi. Prepare project progress reports and publications on the social science part of the study;
vii. Contribute to community engagement, mobilization and sensitization;
viii. To perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor;
See also: Technical Director – ECD Integration Job Vacancy at Pact – Tanzania
Assistant Research Officer – Social Scientist Job Vacancies at NIMR – 2 Posts
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES:
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Sociology or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions with minimum of an Upper Second Class or overall minimum of Grade B for unclassified Degrees;
- At least one year working experience in clinical trial setting;
- Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking settings with high level of integrity;
- Strong language skills fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili including presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize time appropriately and effectively;
- Self-motivated, able to work independently under minimal supervision to complete tasks and respond to appropriate project authority requests and to collaborate with others;
- The applicant should be a Tanzanian below 45 years old.
In your application letter use the address below:
THE CENTRE MANAGER, NIMR – MBEYA MEDICAL RESEARCH CENTRE,
P.O. BOX 2410,
Please Use the Link Below to apply, we do not accept the hard copy or email submission. Deadline of submission is 11st April, 2023 http://jobapplication.mbeya.nimr-mmrc.org:8056/