Associate, GAIN Premix Facility / Food Fortification
- Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, Ethopia, Addis Ababa or Nigeria, Abuja
- Competitive depending on experience
- Job Advert
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Supply Chain and Business development professional to join their GAIN Premix Facility team. The role will be based in one of the following GAIN Africa Country Offices (Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, Ethopia, Addis Ababa or Nigeria, Abuja) and is offered on a two-year contract basis.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
The GAIN Premix Facility (GPF) was launched in July 2009 to fill a strategic gap in sourcing affordable and quality-certified vitamin and mineral premix. Designed to support GAIN fortification programs and help partners – particularly in the developing world – manage premix procurement, the GPF has expanded its operations by establishing strategic partnerships and creating innovative procurement and financing models that facilitate access to premix. To learn more about the facility please visit: http://gpf.gainhealth.org/
About the role
The Associate, GAIN Premix Facility (GPF) is a key member of the food fortification programme team. Reporting to the Senior Associate (GPF), the postholder will be responsible for supporting with the development and strengthening of GAIN’s national premix supply chains across the Africa regions.
As the GAIN Premix Facility Representative in Africa, the Associate will be responsible for maintaining country level account plans and databases for GPF clients in the region including private sector industries, food producers, governments, international organizations and fortification implementing agencies. The postholder will also manage and further develop business relationships with key accounts of the GPF portfolio and follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity to increase overall impact of the GPF.
This role will be working closely with the Senior Associate (GPF), Program Lead for Food Fortification, GAIN Country Directors and Food Fortification Program Managers in Africa and will be expected to travel across Africa.
Key duties in this role include;
- Managing client relationships and communications during the premix procurement and fulfilment process including coordinating shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to GPF staff and GAIN programmes staff;
- Supporting with the business development of local premix supply models for fortification programs
- Preparing high-quality, rigorous reports and other materials to communicate the performance of GPF
- Contributing to concept development and fundraising proposals
- Support with managing a demand forecast, capturing premix needs and risk management for the GPF credit facility
The ideal candidate will be an associate with proven professional experience in customer services and business development in food industry sector within the Africa region(s), ideally alongside working knowledge and experience in supply chain or logistics. You will be well versed process optimization and ERP order management systems with the ability to generate and assess reports.
You will have strong interpersonal skills and will have demonstrable experience working in an environment requiring collaboration with government, industries and international organisations. In addition to this, you will possess a Bachelors or Master’s degree in business, supply chain management, finance or a suitable equivalent, and will be fluent in English (verbal and written). Knowledge of premix industry and food fortification is highly desirable.
This is a local role is to be based in one of our GAIN Africa offices in Tanzania, Ethopia or Nigeria and applicants must nationals of the country of application or have the existing right to live and work in the specific country of application in order to be eligible to apply for this post.
About our offer
In addition to competitive salary, GAIN offers an attractive pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus public holiday), flexible working, home working and professional development opportunities. We will support you to grow in your career and offer this within a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description and to apply, click the “Apply Now” link. Early applications are encouraged and GAIN reserves the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
This advert closes on 16th June 2020. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close the application window early should we receive submissions from suitable candidates ahead of the published closing date.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
- Closing Date
- 16 Jun 2020