African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, Botswana and Burkina Faso and in Australia and Canada. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance. The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment and technology. We look forward to receiving your application for the following positions.
Geita Gold Mine, Geita
This position is responsible for all preventative, scheduled and breakdown maintenance on underground mobile equipment and vehicles (light vehicles and heavy mobile equipment), drills and electrical fault and failure diagnostics as guided by your immediate supervisor and trainer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
- Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
- Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
- Ensuring inspections and maintenance is carried out on all equipment before use.
- Ensures that all tools are serviceable and safe.
- Must Work to minimise equipment downtime and maximise productivity.
- Must carry out standard work place inspection practices and procedures and prepare the areas for drilling, charging or scraping in accordance with mine safety procedures.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping.
- Liaises with the underground shift supervisor to:
- Ensure all work is done in a safe and efficient manner;
- Advise when items of equipment are out of service and when they can be returned to service
- Strong background working with underground mining equipment.
- Able to operate all types of hand tools.
- Understanding maintenance procedures.
- Ability to read schematics.
- Previous experience in Vehicle Air Conditioning systems.
- Ability to analyse equipment failure and use equipment diagnostics tools.
- Auto electrical experience on 4WD vehicles.
- Heavy equipment electrical experience.
- Excellent service and maintenance approach to the job.
- Willingness to learn and gain further experience on mobile equipment.
- Recognised trade qualification as an Auto Electrician.
- Basic First Aid Knowledge
- Above average numeracy and verbal/written English
- Valid Driver’s License
HOW TO APPLY
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email [email protected]
Application letters should reach the above on or before 14th April 2021,18hr00.