Retail & Business Banking
Responsible for handling customer financial transactions like deposits, withdrawals, transfers, money orders, and checking
- Attend to cashing of cheques, savings withdrawals etc, according to laid down procedures.
- Accept cash and cheque deposits, following laid-down instructions.
- Ensure that all items cashed are within laid-down limits and refer items exceeding limits to the appropriate area for authorisation.
- Ensure that items cashed are technically correct and signed, according to laid-down instructions.
- Ensure that all cashed items are correctly recorded.
- Record details of cash breakdowns for all major change transactions as well as cheques and other items cashed.
- Attend to Send and Receive transactions, according to laid-down instructions.
- Accept cash for Send transactions, according to laid-down instructions.
- Ensure that all Send and Receive items are within laid-down limits and refer items exceeding limits to the appropriate area for authorisation.
- Ensure that Send / Receive items are technically correct, according to laid-down instructions.
- Ensure that Send / Receive transactions are captured on the MoneyGram system.
- Ensure that the relevant type of identification is produced when accepting a Send/Receive transaction, according to countries Operational Limits
- Complete the Agents Only section on the Send / Receive form after processing transaction
- Ensure that the relevant suspense accounts are Debited / Credited for every Send / Receive transaction.
- Ensure that reference numbers are captured when debiting / crediting the relevant suspense accounts.
- Print a receipt for all Send / Receive transactions on the MoneyGram system.
- Recover fees, where applicable.
- Assist with the balancing of suspense accounts when required by Treasury Department.
- Sort Send / Receive forms into laid-down sequences.
- File Send / Receive receipts and forms with the relevant reports.
- Read Special Alert Circulars and Messages on the MoneyGram system.
- Call MoneyGram Toll Free Number for any query on MoneyGram.
- Control of cash
- Ensure that all laid-down instructions regarding the handling, locking away and security of cash are adhered to.
- Ensure that own cash holdings are kept within prescribed limits.
- Count and balance own cash daily.
- Report all differences in cash daily.
- Sign the locking away register daily.
- Ensure that no unauthorised items are held as cash.
- Identify cross-selling and migration opportunities and sell products / services reactively.
- Participate in tactical sales / marketing activities as required.
- Ensure that targets are met.
- Sort vouchers into laid down sequences and place in waste receptacles on completion of each transaction.
- Recover unpaid items fees, where applicable.
- Ensure that Duty of Care requirements are adhered to.
- Read special alert circulars.
- All duties to be completed within normal working hours.
- All overtime is to be authorised on the sign-on sheets by the Branch Manager.
- And any other duty assigned by the Branch Manager
The following reports must be actioned:
- BPW2019D Cash Transaction Report.
- Send Transaction Report
- Receive Transaction Report
- Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A university degree in any relevant field
- knowledge of the bank’s products and services will be an advantage
- Ability to communicate fluently in English will be an advantage
- Knowledge/Technical Skills/Expertise
- Self motivated
- Good listening skills
- Well articulated
- Customer service orientated
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure – resilient
- Methodical, organised, accurate and pays attention to detail