Vacancy: Banqueting Sales Coordinator Trainee
Unit: Tamarind Tree Hotel-Nairobi
Job posting: 15-02-2018
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role.
- Maintaining the promotional and customer database.
- Assist with typing of the Banquet and Sales correspondence, i.e. answering mail, confirming banquet arrangements, menus, BEO, FP, memos etc.
- Respond to complaints from customers and give after-sales support when requested
- Compose, publish and distribute Banquet event order (BEO) / Banquet Function Plan (FP) to all department heads and personnel who are involved in servicing banquets function.
- Work with management and other heads of departments at all times and assist in carrying out special requirements and duties necessary in adding to the guest’s general comfort and well-being.
- Distribute promptly to all departments about notice of any change in the Banquet event order (BEO) / Banquet Function Plan (FP).
- Prepare signage and menu items for all banquet events function.
- Study requirements of all booked banquets and functions to familiarize and ascertain the possibility of selling additional facilities, to produce extra revenue.
- Sending Banquet event proposals to the guests and being in timely contact with them.
- Call customers to remind before for cut-off dates.
- Coordinate with Banquet operations on a timely basis to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Update Catering and Banquets calendar on the Sales and Catering software.
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time
Who Are You?
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor of Hotel Management or Degree in Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management, Marketing or equivalent. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in Property Management Software’s, Opera Sales and catering an added advantage. certification in sales or marketing will be an asset
- Minimum 1 to 2 years work experience as a Sales Coordinator or Banquet coordinator major hotel required.
- Possess excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills necessary.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to [email protected]
The application deadline is 28th February 2018
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For any further questions about this vacancy, Visit our website at www.tamarind.co.ke . Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail [email protected]