Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non Governmental and Non profit making Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Rafiki-SDO is currently implementing the EpiC Project in Shinyanga Municipal Council and Shinyanga District Council which is funded by USAID through FHI360 with the aim of address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key and vulnerable populations (KVP) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW).
Office location: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Work station: Shinyanga MC & Shinyanga DC
Reporting to: Program Manager
Duration: 12 Months / Renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
- To participate in the Comprehensive Council Health Plans (CCHP) meetings and ensure USAID EpiC activities are included in the respective CCHP.
- Liaise with Community Engagement Officers to map hotspots and develop a directory of all hotspots where beneficiaries are found at the council level.
- Conduct weekly review of the list of index developed by service providers and ensure all the providers conduct index testing services with fidelity (index sexual Partners/contacts elicitation and tracing)
Coordination and Supervision;
- With support from the Program Manager, FHI360 regional team & DMO’s office, he/she will be responsible to liaise with DMOs office to secure Government biomedical providers who will provide biomedical services at the community level respectively.
- Actively participate into development of monthly operation plans in close collaboration with community engagement officers for targeted and focused HTS outreaches to the mapped hotspot areas and reach KVPs.
- Assist in organizing training/orientation to biomedical providers to be engaged in USAID EpiC monthly operation plans and maintain the list of Service Providers working with USAID EpiC project.
- Monitor and coordinate community-facility referral and linkages services for health related services including care and treatment, Family planning, STI & TB screening and treatment, and GBV services
- Liaise with DACC and the DMO office to obtain commodities, supplies and government M&E Tools for Biomedical services.
- Supervise biomedical providers and ensure monthly planned activities are implemented and all
- Service Providers are reaching their allotted targets with fidelity.
- Provide technical support and mentorship to the biomedical services providers within the assigned districts in order to ensure they meet standard of performance as per the government guidelines and project SOPs (including IQC/EQC and proficiency test).
- Work closely with the CHMT members in performance monitoring, joint supportive field supervision at the site/council level and ensure the outcomes of the visits clearly documented and recommendations implemented.
- Jointly work with facility implementing partners at the council level to develop a sound Bi- directional referral network but also quality of services is provided to KVPs.
- Ensure all service providers properly fill all required National and Project M&E tools and timely submission of service reports appropriately, including monthly summary reports to the catchment health facilities.
- Ensure council service providers are reporting their daily performance through WhatsApp groups and other agreed channels for real time data.
- Develop and timely share daily/weekly updates and monthly reports for all biomedical services
Qualifications and experience:
- Clinical degree (nurse, physician) with 3 to 5 years in provision of community-based biomedical and demand generation services to KVP and AGYW
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with relevant national guidelines, standards and protocols. Familiarity with the public health sector at regional, district and council level and experience working with these teams.
- Experience implementing HIV/AIDS programs at community level in Tanzania; familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded programs.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and AGYW. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and AGYW.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director, Rafiki-SDO, P.O.BOX 2078, SHINYANGA. Describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to [email protected], via Postal or by hand at Rafiki-SDO Shinyanga, Ndembezi ward near Ngokolo RC church.
NOTE: For those who applying through email, should indicate the position title in email subject line.
Rafiki-SDO will review the applications sent to the official e-mail address, Postal and application which will be submitted to Rafiki-SDO office. The closing date for the applications will be Friday 2nd October 2020, 17:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To learn more about Rafiki-SDO visit: www.rafikisdo.or.tz