HURUMA AIDS CONCERN AND CARE (HACOCA) is a registered Non- Governmental Organisation with its Head Quarters in Morogoro Municipal. It is a non-profit making organisation incorporated under NGO act. 24/ 2002 of Tanzania to carry out interventions towards improving the quality life and well-being of marginalised communities in Morogoro region by promoting health, nutrition, education and household income. HACOCA has partnered with FHI360 to implement the so-called EpiC project, a five (05) years HIV prevention project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control.
HACOCA is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individual to support the implementation of the project as Biomedical Technical Officer.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate council biomedical services in collaboration other project staff, implementing partners and other key stakeholders.
- Train and mentor government/ certified health providers and CHMTs to address their attitude and belief towards KVPs, as well as improve the capacity of providers to deliver biomedical services.
- Coordinate and offer technical guidance to timely implementation of biomedical services i.e. Mobile HTS, Index Testing, PrEP, HIVST and Recency Testing to health care workers (HCWs)
- work closely with senior level counterparts at the CHMT, Council care and treatment partners, and other government and non-governmental partners to advance HIV biomedical prevention for key and vulnerable population in the implementation council.
- Supervise the overall HIV case management i.e. identification, linkage and retention of KVP clients to care and treatment services.
- Ensure the operationalisation of the National Guidelines for Comprehensive Package of HIV Interventions for KVPs and others i.e. STI, FP and GBV.
- Prepare monthly service plans based on the mapping reports and the SBCC POs’ guidance to guide effective roll out of demand creation and biomedical service activities.
- Monitor implementation of monthly service plans, performance and progress to biomedical targets
- Supervise and provide technical support to government/ certified health, peer navigators, educators and mobilisers, assess biomedical activities and their integration into the other program services
- Liaise with the DACC and DRCHCO to ensure availability of biomedical supplies at the service delivery points.
- Ensure the dissemination of national policy, standards, and guidelines on KVP, PrEP, HIVST and HIV programming at the council level
- Document experiences, prepare program and site visits reports, presentations, briefs and articles/success stories
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure accountability mechanism, assess progress to targets and quality of data submitted
- Assist with the identification of professional development needs for government/ certified providers and other field staff.
- Performs other related tasks as required by the Organisation.
Education and Experience:
Qualification: Medical or nursing degree required, with additional training in public health desirable
· At least 3 years demonstrated experience working in areas of biomedical HIV prevention including: HIV care and treatment (required), HIV counseling and testing services, and Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH).
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national KVP, youth and gender guidelines, standards and protocols.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
- Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects , especially those working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English and Swahili.
All qualified candidates should send their fully filled Applications including a covering letter, academic certificates (copies) and detailed CV to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 1600hrs, 4th October 2020. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for further processes.
NOTE: HACOCA is an equal opportunity employer. The organisation does not discriminate individuals on the basis of race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information.