Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Boilermakersto join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering Section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering Supervisor
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift / 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Off
- Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Process Plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Interpretation, access and reading of job specifications and relevant information
- Ensuring that the selection of materials for repairs, replacements and inspection comply with the required standards.
- Correct selection of hand power tools hand, welding equipment, thermal cutting equipment and thermal heating equipment and safety equipment for safe use.
- Understanding of engineering and structural drawings, interpreting sketches and drawings application of measuring equipment, marking, welding terms, codes and symbols and cutting tools
- Using oxy acetylene welding & cutting, thermal gouging and thermal heating.
- Interpretation of materials safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Planning of the logical sequence of welding operations
- Completion of basic welding, heating and cutting job cards/ work orders, work permit
- Carry out fabrication work and corrective maintenance to improve equipment availability, reliability, safety and functionality.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum mill availability. Meeting or exceeding planned mill availability is a Key Performance Indicator.
- Assist other mechanical tradesmen in maintenance work as required.
- Complete assigned work in a timely manner with minimum supervision and to an internationally acceptable standard.
- Ensure First Line leader and all stakeholders are kept informed on equipment availability status.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, develop full potential and assume increasing accountability.
- Under the direction of the First Line leader, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Follow Safe Work Procedures and other maintenance procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the First Line leader within your capacity without jeopardizing Health and safety.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
- Trade’s qualified as Boilermaker (FTC,IMMT&VETA)
- Valid driving license is an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role. Experience in mining industry is added as an advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of engineering and structural drawings
- Interpretation of all welding terms, codes and symbols
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili
- Demonstrates a high concern for health, safety and environment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “BOILERMAKER“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 21st November 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 November 2020