You are Viewing Information about: BOT Scholarships-Bank of Tanzania (BOT) Scholarships, commonwealth scholarship tanzania, tanzania scholarship board, tanzania scholarship 2019, scholarship in tanzania, utumishi scholarship, scholarships for tanzanians in canada, scholarships for masters, utumishi scholarship 2019
The Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Fund is announcing Scholarships for the 2019/2020 academic year. The primary objective of the Fund is to promote interest and excellence in Mathematics and Science courses among female students in the United Republic of Tanzania.
The Fund provides Scholarships to six students annually as follows: –
Two scholarships to best female Tanzanian students to pursue undergraduate studies in Mathematics and Science in Tanzania’s accredited universities;
One scholarship to a male to student and one scholarship to a female student who are Tanzanians best performers to pursue undergraduate studies in Economics, Information Technology, Accounting and Finance; and
Two scholarships to students intending to pursue Master’s programmes in Economics, Information Technology, Accounting, Mathematics and Finance.
The Scholarships are granted on academic merit and based on a rigorous selection process. Successful applicants are granted full scholarship which covers all university direct cost for tuition fees and student direct costs (meal, accommodation, book and stationery allowance, field practical training, special faculty requirement) as specified in the respective institutions’ costs structure as well as one laptop computer.
The scholarships are awarded as follows:
Undergraduate Degree Programmes (4 Scholarships)
The Undergraduate Scholarships are granted to top performers in Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examinations (ACSEE) to pursue Undergraduate degree programmes in two categories:
Category A: Science and Mathematics Studies (Female Students only)
Category B: Information Technology, Economics, Accounting and Finance Studies (Male and Female Students)
The Fund will obtain the list of the 2019 ACSEE top ten (10) students from the National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and the said Scholarship will be granted to qualified candidates.
For more information on the requirements for Undergraduate Scholarships, please visit the BOT websitewww.bot.go.tz.
Master’s Degree Programmes (2 Scholarships)
The Scholarships are open to both female and male best students who are to enrol in Master’s degree programmes in the fields of Mathematics, Science, Economics, Information Technology, Accounting and Finance.
- Applicant must be a Tanzanian citizen.
- Applicant must have obtained First Class or an Upper Second Class (honours) in the
Bachelor degree with a minimum GPA of 4.0 from an accredited university within the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Applicant must not be more than thirty-five years of age and should have completed Bachelor’s degree in studies related to Mathematics, Science, Economics, Information Technology, Accounting or Finance.
- Applicant must have applied/be admitted to a full time Master’s degree programme in an accredited university within the United Republic of Tanzania. The programme should commence in 2019/2020 academic year in any of the following fields: Mathematics, Science, Economics, Information Technology, Accounting or Finance.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates.
Mode of Application:
Applicants are required to complete Scholarship Application Forms which can be accessed on the BOT website: www.bot.go.tz.
Printed forms can be obtained from the Fund Administrator, Bank of Tanzania Head Office, 2 Mirambo Street, 11884, DAR ES SALAAM. The forms can also be obtained at the Bank of Tanzania Branch Offices (Arusha, Zanzibar, Mwanza, Mbeya, Dodoma, Mtwara and the Bank of Tanzania Training Institute, Mwanza).
All application forms should be completed and submitted to the Chairperson, Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Fund, Bank of Tanzania Head Office, 2 Mirambo Street, 11884, DAR ES SALAAM by 23rdAugust, 2019 (16:00hr).
More information click here
Download Application form below:
- SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT MWALIMU JULIUS NYERERE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND 2019/20
- Brief Information on Scholarship, beneficaries, application procedures and selection criteria
- Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Application form – Undergraduate (2019-20)
- Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Application form – Masters (2019-20)
- Masters recommendation form
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Scholarship Awards Committee,
Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Fund, Bank of Tanzania,
2 Mirambo Street,
11884, DAR ES SALAAM.
Tel No. +255 22 2233041 Fax No. +255 22 2234088
Deadline 23rd August, 2019