Branch Managers (37 Positions)
CRDB Bank Plc is an African bank and a leading Financial Services Provider in Tanzania with a current presence in Tanzania and Burundi, East Africa. The Bank was established in 1996 and was listed on the Dar Es Salaam Stock exchange (DSE) in June 2009.
Over the years, CRDB Bank PLC has grown to become the most innovative and preferred financial services partner in the region.
CRDB Bank Plc is seeking to recruit a highly competent, self-motivated and professional individual to fill 37 positions of Branch Managers across the Bank’s network. The potential candidate should be able to quickly integrate into the existing leadership team.
Overall Job Purpose:
Reporting to the respective Zonal Manager, the Branch Manager will be responsible to provide overall leadership to the branch team and drive business growth through an increase in customer base and profitability in line with CRDB’s strategic plan.
Key Duties and responsibilities
The position holder’s key responsibilities will include the following:
Business / Financial
- Growing branch’s profitability through quality asset book, Non-interest income and cheap deposit from consumers, businesses and government sectors.
- Build excellent and exceptional relationship management with customers and bank’s stakeholders for better positioning of our brand image.
- Recruitment of agents, merchants, insurance customers and sensitization the utilization of digital and self-service channel.
- Provide advisory services to our corporate and premier banking customers on how they can save cost and benefit more from our bank.
- Preparation of the branch budget and conscious spending to optimize scarce resources as a better way of managing cost across the network.
- Assessment of the branch customer satisfaction levels and deliver effective services to increase sales, customer satisfaction and retention.
- Establish a customer-centric approach to address customers’ requirement with acceptable TAT and SLAs with a high level of eagerness and ownership.
- Developing and implementing strategies useful in improving customer relationship, dedication, and satisfaction to optimize the interaction between a bank and its clients.
- Establish communication channels and mediums through which clients reach out to our bank and vice versa.
- Guide and direct the activities of customer experience representative to ensure their interactions with clients reflects positively on the Bank.
- Liaise with marketing and Customer Experience department to analyze customer feedback and develop programs effective for improved customer experience.
- Monitor the activities of customer service staff to ensure compliance with set standards of courtesy and professionalism.
Process, Controls and Risk Management
- As a figurehead and risk owner you are responsible for the identification and mitigation of risk associated with the branch operations.
- Drive implementation of quality service delivery and operations efficiency within the branch.
- Observe and adhere at all times with regulatory framework including BOT and internal policies, circulars, governance process, procedures and shared best practices.
- Disseminating knowledge and skills acquired through various communications to the rest of your team under your jurisdiction.
- Ensure security and safety measure within the branch premises are in line with the bank’s standards.
- Ensure that your branch receives a Satisfactory rating in any audit report or deployed combine assurance methodology.
- Provide effective leadership to the branch team and mentor direct reports to prepare them for additional responsibilities.
- Ensure branch staff have the skills required to operate the business efficiently as well as to exploit emerging and future business opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork and facilitate an enabling environment for attaining high staff productivity and satisfaction.
- General administration duties including proper allocation of duties, performance management and productivity.
- Advise the Zonal Manager or Head of Branch Network on all branch matters concerning branch operations.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the bank’s visibility and enhance new and existing business opportunities.
- Participate in the preparation of the branch budget and annual business plan 4. Oversee all staff matters and ensure compliance with the HR policy and manual.
- Carry out any other related duties as may be assigned by your senior(s).
Key Qualifications and experience
The successful candidate must have at least 7 years’ experience, five of which must be at management level with key experience in managing bank branch operations and/or credit.
S/he should have a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized university. A Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Professional Certification in Banking will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and Skills required.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Very strong business acumen with the ability to grow business.
- Confident negotiator and with the ability to “close the deal”.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all stakeholders.
- Effective communication and influencing skills.
- Self-driven with a results-oriented mindset.
- The incumbent must demonstrate strategic leadership and thinking.
- They must demonstrate good system thinking.
- They must have an awareness of the external environment.
- The suitable candidate must demonstrate entrepreneurial thinking.
- The candidate should be in a position to initiate change to his/her team and to the organization at large.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be provided.
Mode of application & closing date
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with a detailed up to date CV addressed to [email protected] with a clear subject of the position applied for not later than 16th March 2020. Hard copies will not be accepted.
CRDB Bank is an equal opportunity employer hence; all eligible candidates are highly encouraged to apply.