Job Description :
Reports To: Marketing Director
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the second largest listed company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 20%. SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002, and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. 51% of the company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Tusker Lager, Guinness, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
Scope of the role
The role is to develop brilliant Integrated Business plans for the country and in the clusters that exist. To champion and drive excellent execution of the plans and actively support business performance in close collaboration with key Diageo stakeholders and distributor teams.
Purpose of Role
To implement and execute the Game Plan (s) and activities to deliver NSV, AOP and volumes per plan and achieve excellent cooperation with the Consumer Marketing team and the rest of the Customer Marketing and Route to Customer teams.
EABL is currently represented in 6 countries in Eastern Africa and operates in a wide range of business/ ownership arrangements from majority owned subsidiaries, licensed brewing entities and distribution partnership arrangements.
EABL is a publicly quoted company and contributes significantly to the exchequer of government.
EABL has a portfolio of brands across total adult beverages in beer, adult non-alcoholic and wines & spirits categories.
EABL operates in an increasingly competitive environment in which consumers and trade are becoming more sophisticated.
b) Leadership Responsibilities and Decision Making Rights
Executing and implementing all set Game Plan (s) for the brand (s) in order to build brand awareness in the market place and NSV, AOP and volumes as the per plan.
Implement and Execute Game Plan(s)
- Translate Game plan (s) into activity plans and schedules in consultation with the Marketing Manager and taking into consideration the customer and market insights and the overall Brand Game Plan strategy
- Implement agreed activities, launches and promotional campaigns as per the approved schedule.
- Continually monitor and evaluate own performance against the set implementation plan and targets.
- Continuously come up with new ideas that contribute to the growth of the segment and share these with the Marketing Manager and other team members.
- Assist in the development in the annual Game Plan(s) for the brand (s)
Budget tracking and information management:
- Develop activity budgets that are in conformity with Game Plan Brand(s) Budget, in consultation with the Marketing Manager.
- Track expenditure against the approved budget and highlight problem areas for action.
- Prepare and submit expenditure reports to the Marketing Manager.
- Maintain information and documentation for the brand (s)
Work with suppliers:
- Develop agency/supplier briefs for assigned activities, in consultation with the Marketing Manager.
- Brief agencies/suppliers
- Monitor performance against the brief and highlight shortcomings for action.
- Co-ordinate the resolution of supplier complaints/problems including payment queries.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Certificate in sales and marketing will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years proven successful commercial experience in the Telecommunications Industry or FMCG environment
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Culturally aware.
- Knowledge of English /Swahili
- Have significant personal impact and credibility
- Be a self-starter and be prepared to work independently
- Have ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to engage and influence a broad set of individuals