Business Development Account Manager
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Bongo Live is a Pan-African cloud communications provider based in Dar es Salaam with a presence across 18+ African markets (www.bongolive.africa). Our unique service provides enterprises the ability to reach and transact with customers across Africa via sms, ussd, airtime and mobile payments. Bongo Live has been named a Forbes Africa top 20 technology startup and has also been featured on Al-Jazeera and BBC Africa.
As a Business Development and Account Manager, you will manage a portfolio of international and local clients, develop and maintain strong relationships with customers to ensure that their business needs are met and exceeded. You should have strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to achieve this.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Sales & Business Development and will work with other Business Development and Account Managers to build business to support substantial growth over the next three years. S/he will specifically be responsible for managing relationships with existing customers as well as selling our communication and financial service solutions. The candidate should be able to communicate easily and effectively across multiple channels including Email and Skype. This is a cross-functional role therefore the candidate will be required to collaborate with other departments internally and externally.
Culture, Career Growth and Development
Some of the words we use to describe our culture are Fast-paced, friendly, challenging, casual yet professional, diverse, flexible and progressive. We also have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have regular feedback on your performance and monthly reviews. We set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape and grow with a fast growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Identifying new business opportunities with existing clients and engaging in cross-selling/up-selling activities
- Develop new relationships, retain and profitably grow business and help expand the company through proactive management of assigned customer relationships
- Maintain and manage a portfolio of existing international and local clients
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment with many priorities, to effectively manage time and prioritize
- Should be able to think critically when making plans and have a demonstrated ability to execute a particular strategy
- Assist to create proposals for partners
- Work with team members across respective departments to solve client problems
- Work with team members to develop offers for customers
- Work with team members to review targets and provide practical solutions
- Perform audits on a daily/weekly basis, follow-up respectively with partners and escalate upwards to the technical support/routing/finance team as and when required
- Providing management with feedback and progress reports
- Overseeing all inbound/outbound trouble tickets to ensure client problems are resolved in a timely manner and with adequate information
- Negotiate mutually beneficial contracts to address partner requirements while simultaneously balance the needs of our business
This position is for you if you:
- Have at least 1 – 4 years’ prior industry related business development experience
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in the I.T/Business Management field would be preferred, but not required. Your code portfolio/projects is as important, if not more, as academic qualifications
- Possess exceptional communication skills, which demonstrate techniques in persuasion, selling, negotiation, conflict resolution and customer service.
- Have strong analytical, time management, problem solving, prioritization and planning skills.
- Have proven time management and organizational skills and ability to be self-directed
- Can be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing.
- Have experience and proven track record of closing opportunities
- Are driven to take initiatives, with a sense of urgency to achieve results with and through people
- Are patient, curious, detail oriented and eager to solve problems
- Possess the ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Can possibly travel outside Tanzania to attend conferences on behalf of the company
- Attractive remuneration & commission
- Subsidized health insurance plan
- Opportunity to travel to international conferences