Summary: Provides a range of administrative and proposal development support services to promote efficient delivery of services for the business development staff. Maintains high standards of professionalism, efficiency, personal communication, discretion and independent judgment in coordination and scheduling activities, filing, document preparation, and functional area activities. Manages a wide range of highly sensitive issues under tight deadlines.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Provides administrative support to proposal development teams including scheduling, compiling and distributing meeting minutes, drafting and editing documents, and copyediting. Works closely with proposal manager to ensure deadlines are met.
Business Unit Coordination:
- Manages and maintains schedules for business unit meetings. Arranges international and domestic travel and meetings when needed by developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation and arranging lodging and meeting accommodations for all functional area staff. Maintains business unit SharePoint site. Provides other administrative and logistical support as needed.
Data and Knowledge Management:
- Supports development of monthly and quarterly reports for senior leadership, in close consultation with the Executive Director and other team members. Ensures knowledge management systems are functional and supports proper document storage and retention.
- Prepares and edit correspondence, communications, and Power Point presentations as needed.
- Serves as the functional area’s point-of-contact for internal stakeholders.
Processing, Filing and Auditing:
- Sets up and maintains files and forms in compliance with legal guidelines. Prepares consultant agreements and processes invoices for the functional area for submission to Finance for payment.
Subject Matter Expert.
- Acts as subject matter expert for functional area systems.
- Processes new hires for the functional area, coordinates and participates in new hire orientation, and completes payroll documentation processing for new hires.
Project Management and Participation:
- Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams, as needed.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Organization, Planning, Coordination and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Writing and Editing: Ability to compose and edit correspondence, reports and general documentation.
- Filling and Records Maintenance: Ability to file and maintain records.
- Onboarding: Ability to onboard new hires of business unit and process required paperwork.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook. Advanced knowledge of functional area specific software. Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft SharePoint a plus.
- Project Management Planning and Management: Ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Foundational analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Proven customer service skills.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or a combination of education and work experience that yields the required competencies
- 2-4 years related experience, including experience in administration
- Prefer: Experience in non-profit organizations and/or proposal development
Travel may be required (10% or less)
Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer