BACKGROUND OF TADB
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012.The bank has the following key objectives:
- To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
- To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
- To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
- To build on existing Agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
- To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
- To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidate to fill the following vacancies:
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER -1 Vacancy,
DSM Nature and scope:
Reporting to the Director of Comercial Development & Structured Investment,the Business Development Manager has overall responsibility for overseeing the business expansion plans in accordance with the approved strategic plan of the Bank from time to time.
- To desing and provide financial solutions (debt and structured financial products) to the wide range of the bank’s customers which includes large-, medium- and smallholder famers) either directly or through other Banks’s partners/networks.
- To offer tailored value chain financing client solutions and products to enhance and meet the needs of target segments in collaboration with other departments (strategy and advisory)
- Implementation of strategic delivery roadmaps to enable the realization of the desired commercial and social outcomes/impact.
- Work with other division (risk & portfolio management) to ensure an optimal and compliant control environment that appropriately balances risk appetites and customer demand with the need to grow to achieve the desired impact, financial ambitions and balance sheet aspirations of the Bank.
- To aggressively offer customers with bank’s agri-business through contact with corporate customers, government and quasi-government bodies, high net-worth individuals and other prospective clients.
- In corroboration with resource’s mobilization division and in line with client and product mix, develop a coordinated stakeholders mapping and engage model for a blended and tailored financial and non-financial resources mobilization.
- To properly superve and monitoring of projects under implementation.
- To implement business impact evaluation framework and benchmarks pursuant to the bank’s development mandate.
- To maintain good corporate and customer relationships ensuring best customer service.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager/Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Master’s Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administration, Banking, Economics, Agriculture, Finance or Marketing or related discipline from internationally recognized institution.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience, of which four (4) must be in a senior level in reputable company or financial institution. Knowledge of agricultural finance product and able to demonstrate good credit acumen to identify and mitigate financing risks.
- Able to present in-depth recommendations and insights on prospects’ positions in terms of risk and credit worthiness.
- Understand the business life cycle of TADB prospects and existing customers to be an advisor who can actively cross-sell products to support TADBs’ growth.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and ability to express technical and nontechnical concepts clearly and concisely. Ability to innovate new ways the product can serve TADB customers.
- Keen interest in and understanding of financial markets and Innate drive to succeed and take initiatives.
- Excellent organizational skills to meet TADB goals and set priorities.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through this email, [email protected] Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application.
- Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 1 st September 2020.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: Website: www.tadb.co.tz