Position: Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Program Manager
Supervises: Mbeya and Songwe
Location: Mbeya Region
Salary: Based on Tawi Salary Scales
Travel: Up to 40% in intervention regions
Terms of employment: Twelve months (renewable upon satisfactory performance)
Develop and operationalize a resource mobilization strategy for Tawi consult. Identify grants and other fund-raising opportunities that are in line with the organizations’ mandate. Lead the development and packaging of grant proposals and other funds –raising activities. The position is also responsible for the development, maintenance, and expansion of partnerships with funders, clients and other strategic collaborators
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work in close collaboration with district level, RCT & RFP’s to ensure coordination and complementarities of monitoring and evaluation activities to enhance regular data collection and submission
- Work in collaboration with the project technical teams to review program performance and service statistics of each clubs
- Contribute to the development and presentation of periodic reports to key stakeholders
- Contribute to documentation and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned.
- Support development and implementation of data quality improvement and quality assurance (QA/QI) plans for the program;
- Coordinate quarterly data collection and analysis at site/district/regional level;
- Assist in the compilation of Semi and Annual Progress Reports (S/APRs), including quarterly reports
- Producing a variety of written documents e.g. human-interest stories, abstracts, data summaries, workshop reports, etc.
- Actively participate in routine internal and external data quality assessments;
- Deploy relevant measures for reviewing performance across sites within the regions in line with program and TAWI standards;
- Compile and analyze data for performance monitoring and evaluation of the project and work with partners at a regional level to analyze and utilize data to take a corrective act
- Support subgrantees in preparation of implementable annual work plans;
- Certify completion of Milestones by subgrantees as per prior agreed specifications;
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences (Economics, Sociology, Development Studies, Social work), Population, Pubic health, Health Informatics or Monitoring & Evaluation or any medical degree; Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Required experience: Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar position
- Ability to use any statistical analysis software
- Good Facilitation skills
- Good computer literacy in basic Microsoft packages, any database management and visualization software (excel, access, Tableau, etc.)
- Interpreting data and analyzing result using statistical technique also providing ongoing report using ODK collects Excel
- Proven Computer skills and strong knowledge of MS Office applications especially Excel.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Experience with creating strong working relationships with external stakeholders at national, regional, council, and community level to implement programs.
- Self -driven and results-oriented.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV (not more than four (4) pages) and one written sample report by 08th January 2020 at 12:30 PM via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the Position Title. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please DO NOT attach any certificates when submitting online. TAWI Consult is an equal opportunity employer, women are encouraged to apply.