Position: Business Performance Lead
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Description :
Are you looking to grow and develop as your role rapidly increases the value it brings to the organization?
The finance functions within Diageo both at the headquarters and in markets has a mission to be great business partners driving great business performance‟. As business partners, the finance team works with leadership teams to manage and report the performance of the business, champion rigor in decision making and identify and mitigate risks, while seeking out commercial opportunities to add value for the organization.
Typical roles would include in-market positions (ranging from planning and reporting analysts to finance directors) as well as a central business support function which provides dedicated experts to partner markets in the delivery of strategic projects and initiatives. In addition, there are a number of more specialist functions, including Audit and Risk, Treasury, Tax and Strategy.
This role will interface with all the departmental heads, cross-functional BPM and BSC teams across the Group Companies, CARM leads within the business, external auditors and some suppliers.
Leadership and Functional Responsibilities
- Engage with Leadership in business to ensure Decisions are made with a full understanding of the financial implications.
- Stand in the future, anticipate trends and opportunities and act upon them
- Provide Financial input to strategic decisions with the departments as required
- Display initiative to proactively help drive business decisions
- Provide guidance to the business on the best mix on volumes and the impact of strategic choices
- Build great relationships with those you work with and demonstrate personal integrity that inspires others
- Be imaginative in finding solutions to issues and pursuing opportunities for the business
- Ensure controls are in place to guarantee Diageo’s performance and reputation
- Grow your commercial capability and experience. Look for and respond to feedback
- Ensure monthly financial processes are managed and performed on time in full to provide timely management information across the business making use of insightful gap/variance analysis.
- Hold BPM review meetings and preparation of various Statutory and Investor reports.
- Preparation and Management of Annual Operating Plan end to end including strategy formulation and delivery management.
- Coordinate/Consolidate submissions of market O&R files working with cross functional teams to challenge and build assumptions including identifying opportunities to improve Operating Profit, Working Capital and Cash flow.
- Ad-hoc Support to MD, FD & Supply director for reports and analysis including SBL profitability, Competition, Market Share & depletions.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Proven ability to persuade, influence, build credibility, work autonomously and engage cross the functionally.
- Ability to move between the big picture and detail and willingness to make recommendations against popular /current thinking
- Willingness to make recommendations against popular/current thinking (if appropriate)
- Embraces change and take ownership for driving initiatives in own area.
- Ability to go extra miles when needed to deliver on plans.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Financial Modelling skills
- Degree level with strong academic record preferably B. Comm./ BBA (Accounting option)
Qualified accountant (CPA/ACCA)
2-3 years commercial finance or general business experience
Worker Type : Regular
Primary Location: Dar es Salaam
Job Posting Start Date : 2019-08-20-07:00
As a global leader in beverage alcohol, our 200+ brands are part of everyday celebrations in over 180 countries. Our ambition? We want to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world.
Ever since Arthur Guinness took out a 9,000 year lease on a Dublin brewery, some 250 years ago, we became a business that is defined by the character of the people who work here. It took immense character from Alexander Walker to convince the captains of every ship in the port of Glasgow to take crates of Johnnie Walker to the four corners of the world. Today, nothing’s changed.
We’re proud to be more than 30,000 talented people. While they make our iconic brands ever stronger around the world, we help them go further than they thought possible. In fact, we’re helping to define their career growth through stretching roles and exciting development opportunities.
Diageo is where you’ll find a wide variety of personalities, experiences and perspectives, wherever you’re based in the world. It makes for a stimulating and rewarding working environment, where everyone can flourish.