Project Result Chain/Theory of Change – Goal, outcome, and output analysis
- The project covers two coastal regions with four districts and articulated through the use of the media and public discussion to reach out to the target participants. The theory of change underpinning the action’s objectives is: “if a key community stakeholders (including youth, CSOs, and community influencers) have increased understanding of VE risk factors and increased spaces and opportunities to address VE and if alternative-narratives to VE are promoted then communities will be prepared to contribute to reducing the threat of VE in Pwani and Mtwara.” The overall project goal is to reduce the threat of violent extremism in Pwani and Mtwara regions of Tanzania. This goal is supported by two specific objectives: The overall objective is supported by the following two specific objectives and corresponding expected results outlined below, each supported by a set of activities: Objective 1: Enhance Mtwara and Pwani communities’ awareness of VE and opportunities to understand and respond to VE issues; ER1.1. Key youth influencers have increased PVE skills.
- A1.1.1: Learning Forums for Community Leaders and CSOs
- A1.1.2: Trainings for key youth influencers
- A.1.1.3 Training of Trainers for key youth influencers ER1.2. Key community stakeholders (including CSOs, youth and community influencers) have increased awareness of VE issues and dynamics in their communities.
- A1.2.1 Youth Information Sessions
- A1.2.2: Town Halls
- A1.2.1 Community-Led VE Problem Solving and Engagement Initiatives Objective 2: Reduced threat of radicalization of young people through multi-media campaigns, access to safe spaces and opportunities for networking. ER2.1. Youth in target communities have access to positive narratives and role models.
- A2.1.1: Positive Narrative Campaign ER2.2. Youth and other key stakeholders have concrete opportunities to engage and collaboratively resolve VE issues in their communities.
- A2.2.2: Peer-to-Peer Mentoring
- A2.2.3: Registration of local youth influencers’ networks
Project Partners: (including implementing partners and other key stakeholders)
- The project is implemented by a Consortium media partner in Mtwara where it has the role of airing out SAUTI YA AMANI radio program. Other key stakeholders are security agencies (such as the Police and the Office of National Security), Religious and Local governments