Call for Proposals – Evaluation Fund: Preventing Violence Against Children in Uganda and Tanzania
The Evaluation Fund supports research that helps civil society organizations, researchers, and governments better understand whether programs and projects designed to prevent violence against children really work. Since 2011, The Evaluation Fund has supported high-quality evaluations of programs that are designed to prevent violence against children in low- and middle-income countries.
This year, we are launching a Call for Proposals in collaboration with the Global & African Partnerships to End Violence Against Children to identify particularly promising programs and to evaluate their effectiveness.
Through this Call for Proposals, we will support research projects focusing on childhood violence prevention interventions, in line with the INSPIRE Strategies. Applicants are welcome to apply for a project focused on evaluation research (to understand what strategies work to prevent violence against children), or implementation research (to understand how and why those strategies work in real-world application).
The scope of this call is limited to interventions in Tanzania and Uganda, whose governments have made a public commitment to end all forms of violence against children, as part of a framework to identify so-called “Pathfinding Countries.” The total funding available is $720,000 USD for both Tanzania and Uganda (though this may not be equally split).
Whether an implementing organization or a research team, you are eligible to apply if:
- You form a research-implementer team to conduct this evaluation
- The program being evaluated focuses on the prevention of violence against children, rather than the response
- The program being evaluated is based in Tanzania or Uganda
- The primary researchers conducting the evaluation are based in Tanzania or Uganda (preferable); or the Sub-Saharan region more largely (considerable)
This is a two-stage application process: Concept Note and Full Evaluation Proposal.
The deadline for the Concept Note submission is July 26, 2019.
Please note that all applications must be submitted via our online platform at https://nef-europe.optimytool.com/en/. We will not accept any applications via email.
Please refer to the following documents for more information:
- One-pager on the Call for Proposals: This document provides a basic overview of the Call and we encourage you to use it and share it widely.
- Full Call for Proposals:This document provides you with details on the background of this Call, the eligibility & selection criteria, and the timeline.
- Concept Note Application Form:This document is intended to help you prepare your application. Please note that all Concept Note Application must be received via our online platform.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at: [email protected].