Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization which provides assistance and promotes durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights
Name of the Position: – Camp Management Assistants
Reports to: – CCCM Team Leaders
Duty Station: – Mtendeli, Nduta & Nyaragusu Refugee camps
A Camp Management Assistant, under the management and supervision of a Camp Management team Leaders and in close collaboration with the camp-based government and UNHCR coordination bodies will be responsible for direct implementation of camp management activities in the camp.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position
• Supervise refugee incentive workers;
• Monitor and support the coordination of services and Management in the camp;
• Develop and strengthen community governance structures and mechanisms;
• Identify gaps in service provision to refugees, proactively referring issues to relevant forums;
• Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders, and ensure community participation and mobilization in camp management
• Ensure diversity and inclusion and ensured that protection considerations are mainstreamed across all sectors;
• Receive and handle complaints and feedback from beneficiaries and refer to relevant actors;
• Ensure that NFI distributions are conducted in an accessible and accountable manner;
• Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders (Community Leaders, Elders, Representative Committees…) to ensure a wide acceptance of camp management activities in particular and facilitate dispute resolutions regarding the provision of humanitarian services in general.
• Ensure Camp management implementation is compliant with the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and the DRC Code of Conduct (CoC);
• Write reports as required by Manager;
• Ensure daily verbal feedback on urgent issues reported;
• Participate in camp coordination meetings as well as meetings with refugee leadership committees;
• Any other duties to support camp management activities assigned by Manager
Diploma in a relevant field;
1-3 year relevant work experience;
Previous experience working with refugees or other vulnerable populations;
Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility;
Flexibility in working hours when needed;
Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect;
Ability to communicate and write reports in English;
Language ability in Kiha, Kirundi and French considered and advantage.
Interested candidates should submit their application including cover letter and updated CV in English through www.drc.ngo. No hardcopy application will be accepted
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis before the deadline; Deadline for applications is 20th of December, 2019
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply irrespective of origin, gender or age.
For further information about Danish Refugee Council, please go to www.drc.ngo
Read more here about what our employees say about working in DRC.