Camp Management Officer at Danish Refugee Council – Tanzania
Job Description –Camp Management Officer
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization which provides assistance and promotes durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
Danish Refugee Council is a humanitarian actor in Tanzania. Since 2015, as part of the Burundian Refugee Response in Tanzania, DRC works in the sectors of camp management, community based protection, livelihoods, protections, WASH, General Food Distributions and shelter/ small infrastructure in Nduta & Mtendeli camps. And starting from January, 2020, DRC will be implementing Camp management, Community based protection and Livelihoods projects in Nyaragusu refugee camp.
Name of the Position: – Camp Management Officer
Reports to: – Camp Management Team Leaders
Supervise: – Incentive Workers
Duty Station: – Nduta, Mtendeli & Nyaragusu Refugee Camps
A Camp Management Officer, under the management and supervision of a Camp Management Team Leaders and in close collaboration with, UNHCR and the camp-based government coordination bodies will be responsible for direct implementation of camp management activities in the camp.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position
• Monitor and support the coordination of camp management activities like CRI distribution and site management activities.
• Identify gaps in service provision to refugees, proactively referring issues to relevant forums;
• Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders, and ensure community participation and mobilization in camp management
• Ensure diversity and inclusion and ensured that protection considerations are mainstreamed across all sectors;
• Receive and handle complaints and feedback from beneficiaries and refer to relevant actors in the consortium;
• Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders (Community Leaders, Elders, Representative Committees…) to ensure a wide acceptance of camp management activities in particular and facilitate dispute resolutions regarding the provision of humanitarian services in general.
• Ensure Camp management implementation is compliant with the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and the DRC Code of Conduct (CoC);
• Supervise refugee incentive workers;
• Write reports as required by Manager;
• Ensure daily verbal feedback on urgent issues reported;
• Participate in camp coordination meetings as well as meetings with refugee leadership committees;
• Any other duties to support camp management activities assigned by Manager
Bachelor Degree in environmental Science or relevant field;
2-3-year relevant work experience;
Previous experience working with DRC Tanzania preferably in camp management.
Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and
Flexibility in working hours when needed;
Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect;
Ability to communicate and write reports in English;
Language ability in Kiha, Kirundi and French considered and advantage.
Deadline for applications is 20th of December, 2019