Canadian Visa Application Centre Intern
II. O RGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and reporting directly to the VAC Team Leader, the Incumbent will provide administrative support for the Canadian Visa Application Centre operated by IOM; particularly s/he will:
III. R ESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Assist in the provision of client information: information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone, inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications), providing timely and accurate information to clients; marketing and providing assistance to clients with Value Added Services including but not limited to Self-Service and Assisted Data Entry services. Informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
2. Assist in verifying the bank statements for the confirmation of payment
when the mail in applications are received.
3. Maintain a professional appearance and migrant friendly demeanor at all times;
4. Immediately inform VAC Team Leader of any problems or issues related to daily work and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service.
5. Comply with the IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM
Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Manual”, IOM Standards of Conduct”, and the “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”.
6. Conduct any other duties as may be assigned by the IVSS/IBM Unit at HQ, the CoM/HoO and the VAC Team Leader.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-today challenges.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance Management – provides constructive feedback to colleagues.
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
V. E DUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Development Studies, Social Science, Economics or similar fields.
- Post graduate diploma is an asset, as well as volunteering experience in similar field.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills. Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to achieve time-bound results in a multi-cultural environment with respect to local customs and habits.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating
Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only electronic applications will be accepted.
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & Vacancy is open for Tanzanian nationals.
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 March 2023.