Position Name: Capacity Building Specialist
Position Type: Full Term
Position Location: Dar es Salaam , Tanzania
- 1) Evaluation, Assessment and Research Services;
- 2) Performance Monitoring and Reporting Services; and
- 3) Building of Internal and External Capacity. ME&A is seeking to recruit a Capacity Building Specialist who will support the Data for Development project activities focusing on capacity building of a range of stakeholders in Tanzania that include USAID Mission CORs/AORs, USAID Implementing Partners (IPs), Data for Development Partners and Data for Development Staff, and GOT staff in relevant organizations.
The position holder will also assist the other components as needed to link their activities to other stakeholders the project interacts with. This will become increasingly important as the project disseminates its outputs to a wider range of stakeholders.
- Support the Capacity Building Team Lead assess capacity building skills needs of Data for Development stakeholders.
- In partnership with the Capacity Building Team Lead, design and implement the capacity building annual plans based on the assessment of needs.
- In partnership with the Capacity Building Team Lead, support the management and coordination of all activities related to Data for Development Component 3 which include training, learning, and skills development activities promoted by the mission.
- Contribute to curriculum development in your area of expertise.
- Support evaluation and data quality assessment activities and report writing as needed.
- Contribute to Data for Development Annual and Quarterly Reports preparation.
- Contribute to the development of publications and communications as needed.
- Contribute in Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MEL) Workshops for USAID Mission, USAID Implementing Partners, and other strategic Stakeholders and Partners.
- Conduct other Capacity Building tasks as assigned
- A Tanzanian national
- A degree in social science subject with an experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- At least five years post university experience in skills building activities and an interest in supporting women and youth empowerment.
- Good English communication skills with a proficiency to lead meetings in English.
- Experience writing reports for USAID or other donors (writing samples may be requested)
- History of effectively working and collaborating in multi-cultural and gender balanced teams
- Willingness to travel to the field to support and provide capacity building at 30%-40% LOE Application deadline is 20th November 2020.
The deadline for submitting the application is 20 November 2020