The Savings and Credit Cooperative Union League of Tanzania (SCCULT) is the umbrella organization for SACCOS in Tanzania mainland. It was established in 1992 under Cooperative Act No. 15 of the year 1991 and was given registration no. 5480. The Union was established to promote and encourage thriftiness of SACCO’s members, foster and promote organization growth and development of SACCOS and co-operate and collaborate with all other co-operative organizations among other objectives. Currently SCCULT (1992) LTD is implementing a Project with Savings Bank Foundation for International cooperation (SBFIC) which intends to improve SCCULTs operations and that of its members and non-members. With that consideration and collaboration SCCULT (1992) LTD is looking to hire young, energetic and creative Capacity Development Officer
Executive Secretary SCCULT (1992) Ltd
Main work location for the Capacity Development Officer will be Dar es Salaam. Missions to other locations in Tanzania are common and may occur occasionally.
Roles and responsibilities
- Initiate, organize, and make conceptual contributions to all activities related to capacity development in terms of strategic direction, workplans, consultancies, recruitment, and budgeting
- Organize capacity development activities incl. developing training plans, organizing trainings in the field, disbursement, and alike
- Organize relevant study trips, meetings, workshops, and seminars
- Manage training logistics including the preparation of training materials and ensuring that training activities are undertaken according to the workplan.
- Monitoring, evaluation of achievement of agreed project goals and ensure the quality of the implemented measures
- Reporting as required by the supervisor
- Ensure involvement of all partners and stakeholders and support good communication between them for a smooth implementation of activities
- Identify and advise on new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, members, products, and services
- Participate in relevant meetings (internal and external)
- Other tasks as assigned by the management.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in capacity development in financial institutions (Commercial banks/MFIs) or related institutions
- Minimum 1-year experience in project coordination at a lower or mid-level
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant subject (such as Education, Finance, Accountancy, Economics, Business Administration, etc.)
- Master’s degree and professional accreditation (Such as CPA, CPB) would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in English and Swahili (spoken and written).
- Women are highly encouraged to apply
- Advanced analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently with strong attention to detail
- Stress resistant team player with service orientation, flexibility, and a sense of pragmatism
Mode of Application
Interested applicants should send their applications, Certificates with CVs to the undersigned by 21st August 2020:
The Executive Secretary,
The Savings and Credit Cooperative Union League of Tanzania-SCCULT (1992) LTD,
Lumumba Street, Mnazi Mmoja
Ushirika Towers, Floor 16
P. O. Box 20640,
Dar Es Salaam TANZANIA
Note: No email application will be considered, please consider hand delivery or postal
Onlv shortlisted candidates will be contacted.