PHSRF is a non-governmental organization that was founded on demand-driven reasons for saving lives of Tanzanians. Formed out of former Angaza Zaidi program, a countrywide HIV and AIDS prevention and sensitization program under USAID that was implemented since 2001, PHSRF has accumulated over 15 years of hands-on experience in implementing HIV and AIDS prevention, sensitization and awareness raising projects across the country. PHSRF is legally registered by the United Republic of Tanzania under the Non-Governmental Organization Act, 2002 with Registration Number ooNGO/R2/000103
Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a global project funded by the United. State (US). President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. It is led by FHI 360 as prime and has a five-year period of performance from April 15, 2019 to April 14, 2024. EpiC provides strategic Technical Assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and improve HIV case-finding, prevention and linkage to treatment among key and Priority Populations (PP). EpiC Tanzania will build the capacity of local, community-based organizations and work closely with the Government of Tanzania (GoT) at national and sub-national levels to deliver HIV and other services tailored to the needs of these groups. Under EpiC, Partners for Health Services and Research Foundation (PHSRF) will support activities for HIV prevention, care and treatment and other related services among KVP and PP in Kinondoni district, Dar-es Salaam region of Tanzania.
The objective for EpiC are:-
- Attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among at-risk adult men, women and
- Attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among KVPs (FSW and MSM)
- Improve program management (including HIS and HRH) and financial systems to ensure attainment and maintenance of epidemic control.
For the financial year 2020-2021, PHSRF is seeking energetic and professional candidates to fill for the vacant positions as below.
Job Title: Case Manager (2 positions)
Reports to: Biomedical Advisor
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Type; 12 month with renewal based on performance and availability funds
Overall job functions
To ensure clients are linked into HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services, provide ongoing support to ensure adherence to medications and retention into care in line with 95-95-95 global and country goal. S/he will be responsible to conduct a comprehensive assessment of medical, social and psychological needs for PLHIV clients , and plan for appropriate follow up services .S/he will be responsible to provide a client-centred services and link KP and PP clients from the community to health facility and ensure timely, coordinated access to medically appropriate levels of health and support services, continuity of care, ongoing assessment of the client’s and other family members’ needs and personal support to maximize HIV prevention, linkages, adherence and retention into treatment, care and support services
Specific roles and responsibilities
- To work with project team and key stakeholders and provide a client centred HIV services including HIV prevention, treatment, care and referrals
- Work with project team and key stakeholders and identifying client strengths and weaknesses on HIV prevention, adherence and retention into treatment and care services and provide appropriate support
- Assist clients in developing and attaining client specific goals in HIV prevention, treatment and support services
- Distribute condoms and Family planning products service to KVP and PP
- Maintain accurate and complete client records, tracking contact
- Support the day to day field activities on community HIV prevention ,testing and linkages
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly on tracking service and partner notification and success stories as needed.
- Diploma in clinical medicine/Nursing/counseling/psychology or any other related subject
- Advanced Diploma/Bachelor degree medicine/Nursing/counseling/psychology or any other related subject
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in similar position
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent clinical assessment and analytical skill
- Emotionally mature with a sense of humour to maintain balance
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested and qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV only via email: DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES
Closing Dates: On 22nd September 2020 at 17:00hrs