Ref. No. TANR/RM/MAR/S1/3/VOLVII/138
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi -Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trank and Regional Roads Network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and axle load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager TANROADS – MARA on behalf of Chief Executive, TANROADS, is looking for suitably qualified Tanzania candidates for various vacant posts available for the project of Upgrading of Nyamuswa-Bunda-Kisorya-Nansio Road (121.9 Km) to Bitumen Standard; Lot 1; Nyamuswa -Bulamba Section (56.4km,Weigbridge stations and Regional Manager’s Office in Mara Region. Regional Manager TANROADS – Mara invites qualified and interested candidates to apply for the following positions:
POSITION TITLE: CASHIER ( 2 POSTS).
Key qualification for the Cashier:
- Holder of Ordinary Secondary Education/Advance Secondary Education and ATEC, NABE Stage III or equivalent.
- Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English Languages:
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen;
- Not above 35 years of Age.
Duties and Responsibilities of Cashier.
The holder of this post who reports to Shift Incharge will be responsible for:
- Record properly all required weighbridge accounting information.
- Ensure that all necessary accounting forms at the weighbridge station are properly filled and kept.
- Provide reports on axle loading accounting procedures which may be required.
- Take care of weigh bridge accountable documents
- Cooperate with the relevant parties involved in the axle control operations.
- Implement directives relating to axle load control from the high authority and station supervisor.
- To receive money and issue receipts to defaulters.
- Ensure that all receipts are timely reoerded and banked.
- Maintain accurate records of receipts received/issued
- Arranges the prompt of utility and other invoices related to the day to day running of the office.
- Maintain defaulters register
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by his/her superior or by Head of Accountant and Adminisration Regional Manager.
- Reporting all matters to the shift Iucharge/Axle Load control supervisor.
Mode of Application
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their hand written applications enclosing detailed and signed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of relevant education, professional certificates and birth certificate together with names of three Referees and their contact addressses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses,.so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later than 30,u September, 2020: time 4:30 pm. Applications vie e-mails, hand delivery and fax will not be considered.
Please apply to:
P.O. Box 81,
Musoma – Mara.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.