Position Title: CASHIER (1 POST)
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Accountable for error-free cash operations, payment processing, and interactions with customers/ employees. Process all transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
The following are the accountabilities and authorities:
- Receive/ pay cash, cheque, or automatic debits for various company transactions as per procedure and policies in place.
- To post and update all payments into the ledger/ Syspro system and Reconciliation of cash accounts
- Prepare cash requirements/ floats in a accurate manner and as stipulated in Cash procedures Issue receipts, refunds, credits, due to customers / employees.
- Prepare petty cash payments
- Receive and pay Cash advances; maintain and monitor the Cash advances t accounts
- To age the employee advances to Senior Payroll Officer for set-off
- To keep and file properly all cash payments/Receipts as per company procedures
- Prepare monthly cash summary and reports as required
- Ensure there is adequate money for daily operations.
- Communicate company policies and procedures to customers/employees.
- Perform any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor/Manager
REQUIRED SKILLED KNOWLEDGE
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance or a similar field Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Accountant in a Manufacturing /Mining Environment
- Excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting princ pies.
- Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word.
- Must have knowledge of:
- Considerable knowledge of standard office and accounting software
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certificates (indicating the Position Title in the subject) to:
HR Director, Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408,
Dar es Salaam
Or via Email to: Recruitment@shantamining.co.tz
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 February, 2021