APM Terminals, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About the job
This is an exciting career opportunity to work in a multinational, Global 500 company that makes global trade happen. You will be interacting daily with colleagues internationally, giving you the opportunity to develop your professional skills in a global environment. We provide support for you to shape your own career by achieving expertise and learning on the job.
The role of the Administration Officer at APM Terminals is to deliver day-to-day entry level administrative assistance and support to business operations. Tasks lie within specific support or administrative processes, office operations and clerical responsibilities.
- Handle various administrative tasks, ordering of stationaries and technician, toner etc. for printers.
- Assist with organizing meetings.
- Ensure updating of corporate administrative procedures
- Supervise office catering services
- Supervise the office cleaning staff including working hours, materials, and quality control.
- Responsible for planning and management of the company’s transportations services
- Maintain adequate inventory of office equipment and supplies, manage purchase requisition, and ensure costs are appropriately managed
- Assist in organizing and managing office-related events for employees
- Assisting in special tasks/any other task as assigned by CFS Supervisors
We are looking for
- Diploma /Bachelors’ degree or equivalent
- 2 years of relevant work experience in office administration or facilities management or both with below qualities
- Competitive drive to get things done
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook is required
- Ability to learn and develop
- Must be reliable with maintaining work schedules and prioritizing workload
- Self-starter attitude