Chief Finance Officer
DCB Commercial Bank was formed following an outcry of Dares Salaam residents on the lack of capital as the major obstacle faced by micro entrepreneurs in their effort to improve their businesses. The bank was registered in 2001 as Dar es Salaam Community Bank Limited, the primary objective being carrying out micro finance banking dedicated to financing poverty alleviation programs. The Bank of Tanzania granted a banking license in 2002 to carry out banking business as a Regional Unit (community) Bank.
In 2013, the bank uplifted its license from Regional Unit Bank to a fully-fledged Commercial Bank. The bank has since then rebuilt its presence in the market by reviewing and aligning its branch network to a commercial set up, appropriately repositioning the existing branches and opening the Dodoma Branch in 2017. The entire five year transformation exercise has seen DCB Commercial Bank PLC moving into a very competitive and well established bank ready to serve its potential market niche in the medium and longterm basis.
The Bank is recruiting for the position of Chief Finance Officer.
Chief Finance Officer
The role reports directly into Managing Director, a critical role in the organization. The incumbent in the role will be responsible for development and implementation of a financial strategic plan that will maximize shareholders value, while minimizing risks to achieve the strategic objectives of the bank.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for all the Bank’s financial performance results by adhering with Generally Accepted Accounting Principle
Duties and Accountabilities
- To Influence the senior management and the board with an actionable insightful information of the bank’s business drivers for the informed decision making.
- Strategic balance sheet management by ensuring optimum funding, Liquidity, investment, and liability mix.
- Develop, implement, and monitor annual budget for the bank, and ensure it is aligned with strategy approved by the Board.
- Ensure bank’s capital plan is complete and reviewed every month and comply with statutory requirement in amount and WRA ratios.
- Advice senior management and the board on financial control and profitability; prepares, presents, and interprets financial reports to senior management and the Board; adheres to tax laws and regulatory compliance to properly reflect the financial position of the Bank.
- Work to protect the assets of the bank, ensure compliance with financial regulations, close the books correctly, and communicate Financial results to stakeholders.
- Operate an efficient and effective finance organization providing a variety of services to the business such as financial planning and analysis, treasury, tax, and other finance operations.
- Ensure execution of the financial plan is in accordance with financial management requirements including forecasts and reconciliations
- Ensure adherence to the regulatory requirements within the banking environment including BoT, DSE, TRA and other regulatory authorities.
- Update bank’s financial policies and procedures from time to time and recommend for changes to the Board
- Work with other business units to ensure maximum investment returns are met with costs minimized, while managing stakeholders’ relations
- Organize and interpret Financial reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements and report.
Job Holder Specifications
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Commerce, or related fields
- CPA (T)/ACCA Qualified Member – Qualified Certified Accountant
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience
- Strong financial industry knowledge preferably Banking industry
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Leadership Skills and Strategic Vision
- Trustworthy and high level of integrity
- Good understanding of Market, Operational and Credit risk -BASELs and IFRS 9
Mode of Application:
Applications should include the following:
- Application letter signed by the applicant clearly indicating contact details
- Professionally documented Curriculum Vitae
- Name of 3 referees with detailed contacts
All interested applicants please submit your applications to:
The Chief Manager – Human Resource and Administration
Magomeni Mwembechai-DCB House
P.O. Box 19798
Dar es salaam
Or email: to email@example.com
Deadline to receive applications is on the 13th of November 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted