CALL FOR APPLICATIONS OF VACANCIES ON APPOINTMENTS AND TRANSFER
The Mwalimu Julius K. Nyerere University of Agriculture and Technology (MJNUAT) is a Public Institution established in 2014. It has its headquarters in Butiama-Mara Region. MJNUAT invites applications from competent and qualified Tanzania Public Servants with existing CHECK NUMBERS to be considered for Appointment and Transfer to MJNUAT to fill nine (09) Vacant Posts listed below;
CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR (1 POST)
Holder of a Master’s Degree in one of the following fields; Finance, Accounting, Commerce/Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent qualification from any recognized institution plus CPA (T); ACCA; and must be registered by NBAA as Associate Certified Public Accountant or Fellow Certified Public Accountant. The Master’s Degree must be related to his or her Bachelor’s Degree.
At least ten (10) years in a related field from reputable organization of which two (2) years must be in a managerial position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop efficient and effective internal auditing systems;
- To maintain a check on the accuracy of accounting records throughout the University and on the observance of standard practices and procedures
- To carry out both regular and random investigations of accounts for both academic and administrative units;
- To prepare and conduct periodic reviews of Internal Audit Manual which prescribes the internal audit approach, methodology, policies, procedures and guidelines;
- To verify University income from source to bank and to satisfy him/herself that expenditure is properly incurred according to approved policy and efficiently charged to relevant heads;
- To make recommendations to the relevant authority about checks and changes in the accounting systems and controls and the adequacy of security arrangements within the systems used by the Finance Department, particularly within computerized systems;
- To ensure regular follow up of internal and external audits to ensure that queries are replied to and recommendations are implemented;
- To prepare and ensure implementation of annual internal audit plans and strategies;
- To manage the risk assessment processes of the University and advice the Vice Chancellor and the entire Management accordingly;
- To approve the audit schedules and work plans of subordinates, ensure execution of internal audit assignments in all audit centres and for all operations of the University, report on the internal control weaknesses and recommend improvements
MODE OF APPLICATION AND GENERAL CONDITIONS
Please take note of the following general conditions;
- Applicants must be Public
- Signed application letters should be written in English or
- All applicants should indicate the positions they are applying
- All application letters shall be routed through respective
- Applicants should attach certified copies of all academic and professional certificates and transcripts as well as birth
- Certificates from foreign Universities must be verified by relevant Authorities in
- Applicants should attach current and duly signed curriculum vitae which bears the most recent passport size photograph, as well as a list of three referees indicating their names, designation, employer, physical address, telephone number(s) and email address.
- Applicants should indicate their willingness and commitment to cover transfer cost upon being successful, as the transfer is considered to be self-initiated.
Interested and qualified individuals should submit their applications to the following address;
Deputy Vice Chancellor –Planning, Finance and Administration
Mwalimu Julius K. Nyerere University of Agriculture and Technology (MJNUAT)
P.O. Box 976
Or firstname.lastname@example.org for electronic applications.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 10, 2020