CHIEF OF PARTY
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es Salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 02/17/2021
Our client is looking for an experienced Chief of Party for the anticipated upcoming USAID/Tanzania Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program HIV and Tuberculosis Activity (C3HP-HIV/TB). USAID/Tanzania intends to award a contract to support the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high-quality integrated HIV and TB prevention care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and women. The acquisition will increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in target regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health-seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s populace, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV/TB service delivery. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity. . This position is contingent upon award.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university in public health or a relevant field.
- At least ten years of experience in international development.
- At least eight years of experience as a COP or in a comparable managerial position on donor-funded public health projects, preferably for USAID programs.
- Experience in Africa, preferably Tanzania.
- Experience leading teams, achieving deliverables, and working under USAID contracts.
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and policies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building and effectively managing a diverse team of employees and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, and work with and between different stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with government and civil society stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and consensus building.
- Ability to travel within Tanzania and occasionally internationally, when health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19 diminish.
- Knowledge of the political, social, and economic context of Tanzania.
- At least seven years’ experience managing complex health and HIV/AIDS and or HIV/TB projects within a non-profit organization in a developing country context.
- Tanzanian nationals are encouraged to apply.