- Provide overall technical leadership to achieve the results of the project.
- Develop and implement project’s strategy to strengthen the horticulture and wider agricultural market system to benefit all stakeholders, including smallholder farming families.
- Provide programmatic leadership and oversee the strategic planning of activities in support of the project goals and objectives, including the determination of project priorities and appropriate technical initiatives.
- Lead team to design technical strategies and activities to build on previous USAID investments and engage private sector partners as partners in implementation.
- Ensure results-oriented technical components and high-quality and timely deliverables and reports, focusing on synergistic coordination of all technical areas.
- Advise national counterparts on technical issues and participate in relevant advisory and/or working groups with counterparts, partner institutions, relevant Government Ministries and all other local stakeholders.
- Represent the project in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Develop and modify as necessary the technical work plans and budget.
- Serve as principal liaison to USAID/Tanzania.
- Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with Winrock’s Home Office.
- Manage relationships with complementary USAID and donor projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in economics, agriculture, finance, international development, public/business administration, natural resource management, or a similar relevant field (a bachelor’s degree and at least 15 years’ experience may be substituted).
- Minimum 5 years of COP-level experience for contract or cooperative agreement of >$15 million.
- Contract management experience for USAID preferred.
- Technical experience working in East or Southern Africa, preferably in agricultural market systems development, enterprise development, etc.
- Experience collaborating and coordinating with local and national host government agencies, and aligning program activities and results with national strategies
- Track record of integrating women, youth and marginalized populations into commercial agriculture opportunities
- Professional experience in marketing, export promotion, domestic supply chain management, and/or capacity building strongly preferred.
- An understanding of policy, economics, and market dynamics.
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar size and complex international donor support programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and budgeting.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Tanzania and/or Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures as related to project management required.
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate programs with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational role and in interacting with government stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the initiative and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required. Proficiency in Kiswahili preferred.
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, caste, tribe, age (40 or older), disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Information Technology & Services
- Staffing & Recruiting
- Hospital & Health Care
- Project Management