Job title: Chief of Staff
Job type: Permanent
Emp type: Full-time
Job published: 18-03-2019
Job ID: 32157
• Ensure income targets are met for Retail Asset products through establishing and implementing the local/regional product pricing strategy.
• Identifying opportunities for new Asset product development and enhancement in line with the in-country
• Retail strategy. Ensure that the Product Assistant (If any) completes the product research,
Own the product development and implementation process in-country.
• Participate actively in the ALCO (Asset and Liability Committee), advising on the most appropriate interest rate strategy for each product, covering balance sheet and income impacts.
• Contribute ideas for alternative product strategies to manage the Asset Book.
• Continuously review the local basis for customer segmentation and recommend suitable product activity to target and sustain viable and profitable segments in line with the stated Retail strategy in country.
• Monitor and provide feedback to Africa Retail Management on local competitor product activity and pricing.
• Review local product legal and regulatory assessments completed by the Product Assistant.
• Prepare product income analysis and present to the local Retail Management Committee and Africa Product team.
• Interact with the Head of Direct Sales, Proposition Heads and Area and Regional Managers in the Branch network to provide input into sales strategies.
• Review a customer satisfaction surveys to identify product issues. Create action plans and implement changes to address such issues.
• Provide input to the Sales Campaign Manager during the development of product-specific sales campaigns.
• Build relationships with internal service providers including Marketing, Communications and Operations and ensure that service level agreements are implemented and maintained where appropriate
Governance and control
• Review monthly tariff reports prepared by the Product Managers with particular focus on errors and deviations. Ensure action plans are implemented to address such issues.
• Review notices for submission to local government, regulators and customers prior to their distribution.
• Liaise with the COO areas on any major processing issues directly linked with the product design or the channels through which the products are distributed.
• Ensure that Assets products comply with all Barclays policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, by conducting regular checks/reviews on the subject.
• Own and manage the business continuity management plan for the Asset Products. Ensure that bi-annual tests take place and that any failures are reported.
• Report incidents or risk events on the bank’s OPUS system as required and ensure that proper escalation takes place.
• Ensure that Assets product abide by required project governance standards for implementation of new products or launch of new distribution channels.
• Agree targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of performance objectives for the
Assets Product of:
• Employee Satisfaction
• Customer experience
• Cost performance
• Risk and rigor management
Risk and Control Objective
• In the event of major issues in the business unit, act as crisis coordinator and allocate tasks to the crisis teams.
• Review the risk and compliance profiles of the business unit on a regular basis and provide consultative support to the Managing Director on changes that are required to rebalance risk and reward where required.
• Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
• Adhere to banks policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgment and responsible risk management.
• Keep up to date on all regulatory changes and have the ability to articulate the impact to the Business, be well informed on the industry thinking.
• All mandatory training completed to deadline.
Technical Skills / Competencies
• Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong analytical and numerical skills for calculation of statistics needed in performance tracking
• Basic project management skills
• Good PC skills
• Good interpersonal and networking skills
• Report writing skills
• People management skills (performance development, coaching, team building)
• Influencing skills
TO APPLY CLICK HERE