Position: Chief Operations Officer
Job Ref. No. HRJIC005
Jubilee Insurance group has been operating in the region and has now over 70 years of experience. The main objective of the group is to safeguard the interests of businesses, individuals, and families, and to provide them, on a consistent basis, the best solutions tailored to meet their needs. Jubilee Life Insurance Corporation of Tanzania Limited is a subsidiary of Jubilee Holdings, which is listed on the Dar-esSalaam Stock Exchange and cross-listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange and Nairobi Stock Exchange. With the largest shareholders ‘funds in the region, you are assured of maximum security and total peace of mind.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Chief Operations Officer, at Jubilee Life Insurance Corporation of Tanzania Limited. The position holder will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Primarily responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all day-to-day operational activities of the Company under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer. The position ensures that all operational aspects of the Company’s activities operate in a safe and sound manner and in the best interest of shareholders, the Board of Directors, customers, employees, and the public.
- Being accountable for the aggregate plan and delivery of systems, operations, properties & maintenance, and the general operating model of the Company.
- Leveraging the advantages of bringing together operational expertise and drive through more efficient ways of working.
- Ensuring strategic objectives shaped at Country level are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Ensuring that business change projects are delivered in line with directions from the Board including the Changamka project.
- Coordinating the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money.
- Contributing to the development of the business unit strategy for the next 2-3 years by providing a view on potential improvements for the various Company products or services and an assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the external environment.
- Analyzing effectiveness of processes and systems in use in general for the Company and recommend corrective action or automation.
- Reviewing performance against balanced scorecard components as prescribed by the Board, discuss gaps, and agree on action plans to close gaps.
- Benchmarking productivity of the Company against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity.
- Build strong relationships with key external stakeholders, Government, suppliers, regulator etc to ensure correct focus and direction for the Company at operations and technology level.
- Serving on various committees including Board Committees, Manco and Procurement Committee
- Ensure that risk is effectively addressed in all aspects of the business
- Accountable for planning and opening of new branches (outlets) in terms of expansion of the business and business plans
- Directing internal operations to achieve budgeted results while participating in preparation and development of short term and longterm plans and budgets.
- Evaluation and reporting of overall operations results and reporting to CEO
- Contribute to business growth through identification of business development opportunities.
- Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Support stakeholders on all financial inputs and outputs (Actuarial, Finance, appointed actuary and audit/assurance teams) on IFRS17 reporting within monthly, quarterly & end year reporting timelines
- Responsible for Data Quality in the systems which includes KYC and underwriting information.
- Provide necessary support to ensure 99% uptime of key Company services
- Leverage new & emerging technologies to improve the organization’s operational efficiency
- Achieve underwriting profitability by maintaining loss and expense ratios at acceptable levels to be agreed for each year
- Technical competence in Operations
- People Management
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of industry rules and regulations
- Results driven and customer focused
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Financial Management and reporting experience
- Master’s degree in Business/or equivalent from recognised institution
- Post graduate qualification in management or equivalent
- Professional qualification in CPA(K), ACCA, or CIMA and a Certificate in corporate governance
A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a related field preferably at a regional level with at least five (5) years working experience in the same role in a managerial position within a fast-paced and complex business setting.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Careers@JubileeInsurance.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 22nd April 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.