CRDB Bank PLC is looking for a suitable person to fill a vacant position of Chief Operations Officer (COO) at the Head Office, in Dar es Salaam.
Reporting to Group Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director, COO is responsible for managing all operational activities, ensuring delivery of timely, reliable, quality and secured services to customers, while ensuring maximum efficiency and compliance to the bank’s
policies and procedures.
● Developing actionable business and operational plans that are in line with the Bank’s medium and long-term business strategic objectives.
● Setting and cascading comprehensive goals for business performance and sustainable growth.
● Examining current business processes, identifying areas for improvement and making necessary changes to increase efficiency, promote compliance and reduce operating costs.
● Directly overseeing banking operations (back office), analysing and reporting on the achievement of the overall objectives.
● Overseeing and managing the Bank’s three subsidiaries overall operations to ensure effective optimisation, coordination and efficiency.
● Managing ICT investments and expenses to ensure that the bank realises its digital transformation, data security, customer experience and operational efficiency goals.
● Developing and implementing business continuity strategy, policies and procedures.
● Responsible for strategic workspace planning and ensuring the availability of facilities in line with service level agreements.
● Ensuring that business change projects are delivered within time and budget.
● Developing and overseeing adherence to policies, procedures to ensure compliance with national and international regulations and taking corrective action when necessary.
● Monitoring and evaluating effectiveness and efficiencies of Bank’s operations and internal support services.
● Building a culture that is inclusive and fosters teamwork, high integrity, and strong
ethics in order to facilitate excellent customer service.
● Building and maintaining relationships with key customers, collaborators, promoters, partners, vendors, shareholders and stakeholders.
● Graduate in business, technology, engineering, economics, project management or related field
● 10 years of proven experience in managing enterprise-wide operations or relevant role in a medium to a large entity.
● Understanding of business functions such as banking operations, ICT, business continuity, facilities management etc.
● Demonstrable competency in strategy execution.
● Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
● Outstanding leadership capabilities i.e. leading change, building strong teams and coaching for performance improvement.
● Excellent interpersonal, decision making and problem-solving skills.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
If you believe you clearly meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application, copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your detailed curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current and
To apply, kindly log onto Deloitte e-recruitment platform via https://apply.workable.com/deloitte-eastafrica/. Deadline for submitting your application is 2 nd May 2020. Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered.