POSITION: CIVIL ENGINEER (WATER SUPPLY)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and schedule the work and efficiently organize the site/facilities in order to meet an agreed program of deadlines.
- To attend regular meetings with clients, architects and consultants and keeping them informed of progress.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force through General Foreman and or Supervisors, monitoring the work of any subcontractors to complete the work as per customer’s satisfaction.
- Oversee quality control and safety matters on the site, and ensure that regulations are adhered to.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise at any time.
- Oversee the selection and requisition of materials for use in the construction / main tenance, to check whether the materials are as specified.
- Supervise and ensure proper maintenance of materials and to advice on technology and modifications required for a simpler and cost-saving mechanism.
- Prepare the necessary paperwork for the completion of work and get it authorized by the client after their inspection.
- Develop a relationship with the Project Engineer and prepare periodical reports on the progress of work.
- Experience in water supply projects particularly construction of water supply structures such as Intakes, tanks, treatment plants etc
- Not less than twelve years of experience in Water/Structure/Building projects
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES
- A University degree in one of the following fields is required: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer, Irrigation Engineer or another relevant technical field.
- Shall be registered with Tanzania Engineers Registered Board Work Experience
- A minimum of twelve years of professional work experience in water Supply related programmes for developing countries is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to Serengeti Limited through e-mail [email protected]
- Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert.
- All applications must be received by 07 September 2020 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time.
- Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line.