Kigoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (KUWASA) is an Autonomous Utility which was established under section 3(1) of Water Works Act. Cap. 272 as repealed by the Water Supply and Sanitation Act. No.05 of 2019. KUWASAhas the overall responsibility of operations and management of portable, clean and safe water and sanitation services in Kigoma Municipality. KUWASA performs its duties under supervision of the Board of Directors.
KUWASA is hereby inviting applications from energetic, dedicated, qualified, motivated, experienced and performance driven Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts;
Civil/Water Engineer (1 Post)
Appointing Authority: Board of Directors
Responsible to: Technical Manager
Subordinates: Mechanical Technicians, Water Technicians
Duties and responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for the implementation of a leak detection programme to reduce the physical and metering losses in the distribution
- To ensure that the non-revenue water levels are within acceptable levels in accordance with acceptable guidelines for non-revenue water reduction and sound engineering and management practices.
- Maintains proper records of water network inventory and monitors all factors affecting the network.
- Liaison with Customer Service Section in handling customer complaints relating to water
- Cany* out studies for water losses and recommend the coll ective measures to solve the problems.
- Responsible for curbing Non Revenue Water (NRW) scientifically.
- Implement district metering programmes and cany out steps to ensure accurate night line readings are obtained in order to identify leaks in different zones.
- Ensure that the bulk metering devices are calibrated or replaced so that accurate production or supply zone data is measured accurately.
- Implement appropriate consumer metering programmes to ensure the metering losses are minimized.
- Responsible for planning and designing of water projects and supervision of construction works.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Technical Manager.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Civil Water Engineering from recognized University or Technical College or any other related field with at least of 3 years’ experience working in a recognized institution and at least 1 year in water supply and sanitation held.
- Must be registered with the Engineers Registration Board of Tanzania as Professional Engineer.
- Must have Computer literacy including software knowledge on plant operation, maintenance and repair is an added advantage.
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR ALL POSTS:
- All applicants must be Tanzanians
- The post applied for must be written on the heading of application letter and on the top of enclosed envelope.
- Applicants currently employed in the public service should route their applications through their respective employers.
- Must be computer literate.
- All posts arc on contract basis of five years which arc renewable subject to previous contract work efficiency, good performance and
- Transcripts, testimonials, provisional results, statement of results and form six are not acceptable.
- Applicants should be not more than 45 years of age.
- Submission of forged documents or information shall result into serious legal consequences.
- The applicants who pursued their education abroad must have their certificates certified by responsible Authority (TCU and NECTA).
- Attractive remuneration as per KUWASA Scheme of Service and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidates.
- Submission of application by hand to KUWASA is not
- Qualified and interested candidates may apply by sending a detailed application letter clearly stating why should be considered for the position and how you will add value to the Authority (KUWASA), accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of relevant Academic Certificates, Professional and birth certificates and Letters from 3 referees; telephone numbers and e-mail address to the address below not later than three weeks after publication of this advertisement from 27 November 2019 to 20 December 2019
Application should be sent to KUWASA as Registered mails by postal office, EMS and DHL. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Never pay for your Application to be considered. A call requesting payment for any reason is swindle.
The Managing Director,
Kigoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority