This role is accountable for effective and efficient claims negotiations and finalization of claims.
- Requires a high level of multi skilling and technical claims knowledge.
- Register and post new claims and processes them within the set standards to ensure quality customer service is given.
- Set initial reserves for new claims and recommend reserve changes
- Close files as payment/recoveries are made
- Ensure prompt salvage & reinsurance recovery payments are received and communicated to Accounts for posting
- Prepare claim summary reports
- Track by regularly updating the claims register to determine progress of the claim and advising customers on status.
- Raise and record payment requisition voucher, forwarding the requisition to finance department and tracking the file to ensure that the cheque/credit note is received back for dispatch to the claimant within the stipulated period.
- Identify and pursue recoveries at the point of claims registration & processing (facultative, treaties, excess of loss, co-insurance and TPO) and issuance of demand letters then passing on to legal section.
- Promptly attends to customer’s complaints and inquiries and obtain feedback from customers and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Prepare claims statistical monthly/quarterly reports to ATI, Commissioner of Insurance and any other reports as directed by assistant manager or claims manager and ensuring that they are dispatched on time and maintaining records.
- Ensure good relationship with Finance & U/Writing as per agreed SLA’s
Bachelors Degree (B): Insurance (Required)
The deadline for submitting the application is 22 January 2022.