Clerk 1 – Data Capturing
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Clerk 1 – Data Capturing
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Senior Maintenance Planner
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the role is to assist Work Management Planners with overall administration of the Planning. He / She will be responsible to ensure that all planning work procedures are being followed.
Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Diploma in Mechanical / Automotive / Electrical Engineering or above.
At least 2 years’ working experience in a similar role or related work.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop, implement, and maintain a proper filling system for planning records
- Print and allocate all planned work orders and associated work packages for the following week.
- Collect on daily basis all completed work orders and work packages from the respective Senior Supervisors for review by respective Planners.
- Close all signed off work orders in the system on daily basis
- Raise work orders for all defects that have been identified through inspections or returned work orders / work packages.
- File completed work orders and associated work packages for future
- The Role Holder must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest, respectful, and trustworthy.
- Communicate effectively orally and written
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Having willingness to learn.
- Prepare Reports
- Commit your best endeavors and full capability to the work assigned to you by the Supervisor.
- Advise your supervisor if you do not understand the work, they have assigned to you, or if the assignment does not fit with your knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time and resources.
- Ability to use SAP System will be an added advantage
- Must possess Strong Computer skills
- Able to work in a structured way.
- Verify safety requirements compliance
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Clerk 1 – Data Capturing”
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 30th May 2022 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.