Clerk Of Works – (2 Posts)
Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) is a tertiary Specialised and Super Specialist Hospital in Tanzania organized into nine Directorates with bed capacity of 2,178 out of which 1,570 beds are at the Main Upanga Hospital and 608 beds are at Mloganzila facility which is 30 km away from the main Hospital. The Hospital serves between 2,000-3,000 Outpatients and 1,500 – 2,000 Inpatients per day.
In order to achieve its objective the Hospital is looking for a competent and experienced person to fill the position below for 2 years contract (renewable on mutual agreement)
CLERK OF WORKS – (2 POSTS)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To observe quality of construction in accordance with the contract and assist in preparation of progress reports.
- Consider and evaluate Contractor’s suggestions and recommendations, discuss with the Project Supervisor and help in making decisions where appropriate
- Maintain accurate records of construction works at the construction site in an orderly manner in accordance with procedures.
- Review and verify application for payments submitted by the Contractor and submit recommendations on the way forward
- Assist in reviewing the list of items to be completed or corrected which are Submitted by the contractor for issuance of a Certificate of Substantial Completion.
- Provide assistance in final inspection of the work and in reviewing the record documents to be furnished by the contractor upon completion of the work
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Bachelor Degree in Architecture and must be
Registered with Architecture and Quantity Surveyors
Registration Board (AQRB) with Minimum of 2 years of working experience
Attractive package in accordance with Hospital salary structure.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants must send application letter attached with certified copies of academic certificates and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three referees with reliable contacts, postal address, e-mail, and mobile numbers to either of the following address:
Muhimbili National Hospital,
Dar es Salaam.
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 April 2022.