THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, GENDER, ELDERLY AND CHILDREN
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through Global Fund Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions:
National Aids Control Programme
Job Title: Commodities Supply Chain Coordinator (1 Position)
Reporting to: Reports to Head, Pharmaceuticals and Laboratory Services Unit (PLSU)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and ensure timely availability of quality HIV commodities and services at all levels through proper quantification, develop forecasting and supply plan.
- Participate in proposal writing for procurement of ARVs and HIV Commodities, and provide procurement updates of HIV Commodities procured through funds from GF, PEPFAR and other donors.
- Coordinate supply chain activities and Rational Use of Medicines are conducted in timely manner,
- Collaborate with regional, district and Implementing partners in development and review of National Guidelines, Training Packages, strategic plan, operational plan, HIV Logistics electronic software and assessment tools for proper provision of quality HIV Services and data management of HIV Commodities.
- Build capacity to health care workers and HIV/AIDS partners on HIV Logistics System in order to ensure data quality, timely reporting and adherence to the National guidelines.
- Develop an assessment tool to assist in evaluating performance of supply chain system and ensure key performance Indicators are monitored to improve supply chain management.
- Identify potential break downs in the HIV logistics system and taking corrective and remedial actions to avoid service interruptions for improvement of health services to People Living with HIV.
- Prepare detailed Monthly stock status reports, detailing information but not limited to MoS for key HIV pharmaceuticals and supplies, procurements and deliveries in pipeline, and stocks at risk of expiries
- Develop a feedback mechanism to ensure that approved stock status of ARVs including pediatric formulations reports are disseminated to all levels of the health system and implementing partners.
- Provide update date and metrics to guide implementation e.g.
- Initiate procurement through Wambo.org or MSD
- Provide updated quarterly stock status reports by liaising with MSD and PSU
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy and /or Engineering or related field.
Master’s degree in related field will be an added advantage.
- Three to five years working experience in commodity supply chain management
- Familiarity with safety and procedural best practices in Supply Chain Management (SCM).
- Ability to lead, train and mentor employees on a personal level
- Good knowledge of English and Kiswahili both spoken and written.
- Computer literate Flexible, Adaptable, Detail-oriented and Team Player.
- Age limit: 50 years
Terms of Employment: 3 years Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds).
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any. The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for: your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees.
All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry before 15:30hrs December 26th 2020 and channeled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children,
P.O Box 743,
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- For more information kindly visit moh.go.tz
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 December 2020