Communication and Content Developer Manager
BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisation having extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university.
We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania and C-Sema have joined hands to collectively address Early Childhood Development (ECD) issues in Tanzania through rigorous and innovative approaches; problem-based solutions; and outreach programs targeting children with a focus on establishing a National ECD Child Helpline (ECD call centre) to support nurturing care of children aged 0-8 years and parents of all children, prioritizing those at risk and extremely marginalized.
The ECD call centre will inform communities and caregivers to ensure children’s good health and nutrition, and protect them from threats. It will also give young children opportunities for early learning, through interactions that are responsive and emotionally supportive as well as supporting caregivers’ mental health and well-being.
In ensuring the smooth execution of this project, BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individual to fill the jobs vacancies below….
Vacancy title: Communication and Content Developer Manager
- Develop effective corporate communication strategies.
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company website.
- Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences.
- Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements, etc.
- Foster relationships with advocates and key persons.
- Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce copy for advertisements or articles.
- Perform “damage control” in cases of bad publicity.
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with the public or external vendors.
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership
- Execute internal processes to create documentation and content.
- Support organization publications and information dissemination
- Train and develop a training manual.
- Execute and uptake training deliverables.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Public Relations, Mass Communication, Communication Management, and Journalism. A Masters’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of progressive working experience in a related field
- Must be able to develop an internal communications strategy, working with senior executives and departmental managers.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Good team player.
- Be eager to tackle the challenges of developing content that helps build brand recognition.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver marketing content.
- Graphic design software, such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Digital communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Written and verbal skills.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Good eye for detail.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to:
HRD, BRAC Tanzania Finance Limited,
Plot No 17, Coca Cola Road – Light Industrial Area,
Mikocheni P.O. Box 105213, Dar es Salaam or through email to [email protected] with a subject capturing the position you are applying for. The application deadline is 16.06.2020. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)