VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE ANTICIPATED PROJECT
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT) is a faith-based organization registered in 19th June 1963 with Headquarter offices at Arusha. Mission of the ELCT is to provide holistic care to all people. ELCT is headed by the Presiding Bishop who is elected among the serving Diocesan Bishops. The management and leadership oversight is provided by the ELCT Secretary General assisted by four Deputy Secretary Generals (DSG) – including the DSG for Mission and Evangelism, DSG for Social services, Women and children services, DSG for Planning and Development and DSG for Finance and Administration. ELCT has applied for a USAID funding to implement an OVC support Project – an opportunity proposed to take place in six regions of Tanzania – including Morogoro, Dodoma, Singida, Arusha, Kilimanjaro and Tanga.
ELCT is therefore, seeking for qualified and competent applicants for various positions for this Anticipated Donor Funded Project to be implemented in NorthEastern zone of Tanzania. Positions in this proposed Projecct covers Senior, middle and lower management including technical personnel for the proposed technical areas in the project. The project’s intervention will be aiming at facilitating delivery of comprehensive services that aim to keep all OVC sub-population and adolescent healthy, safe, schooled and stable.
These positions advertised and eventual recruitment process is subject to approval of funding by prospective donor.
VACANCY: COMMUNICATION AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGER (1 POSITION)
Reporting to: Chief of Party
The Communications and Knowledge Manager will oversee internal and external communications and knowledge management strategies to strengthen communication and knowledge-sharing between OVC Next Generation Project, ELCT, Implementing CSOs, Subgrantees and the donor, to advocate for key OVC programing and community health activities and messages, and to demonstrate project value, and impact in the field. Will be responsible to write/review, edit and the design all project reports including Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports. Will also publish the monthly/quarterly e-newsletter, sharing out the latest from the project, the implementing partners and field. Will also create and update promotional materials, including one pager, brochures, presentations, and case/success stories from the project.
General responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of an annual communications and knowledge management strategy.
- Develop a communication protocol and strategy for all communications within the program and externally with the government, partners and donors
- Develop and update a communications and knowledge management strategy based on Project work plan. The strategy should include an implementation plan with measurable outcomes.
- Maintain a communications calendar with key events, dates, and deadlines throughout the year.
- Identify print, electronic, and in-person vehicles to communicate with key audiences and increase project awareness and partnership opportunities.
- Conduct regular evaluations of communications and knowledge management outcomes, and adjust the strategy as needed.
- Support implementation of program governance activities with respect to communications at both headquarters and the zones.
- Strengthen collaboration and cross learning between the project, its membership, and the International Community Health Network.
- Manage communications during the planning, execution, and follow-up of project Conferences and other events, including event promotion, knowledge capture during events, and reporting and dissemination after events. Provide additional event support as needed. Events may be domestic, international, or online/virtual.
- Conduct membership and community outreach in-person and online to strengthen knowledge sharing and solicit input on member and community needs.
- Ensure that all program branding and communication policies are welldocumented and accessible to staff on a monthly basis
- Seek out and develop opportunities for increased partner engagement and support.
- Provide communications support to the project Working Groups (Subgrantees/Implementing CSOs and stakeholders) in implementing their annual work plans.
- Oversee Projects’ online platforms, including websites and social media.
- Actively seek out new and creative ways to effectively reach Projects network in Tanzania and around the world via online platforms.
- Regularly update and maintain ELCT OVC Next Generation website and other social media content with new and engaging content, including news/announcements, new resources, events, job postings, project updates, new members, and more.
- Work with an outside firm on more in-depth and longer-term website adjustments and improvements.
- Manage Projects social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube, ensuring active engagement on all accounts.
- Monitor website and social media statistics, developing and analysing quarterly reports, and providing recommendations to increase online traffic and engagement.
- Develop, update, and disseminate Project materials.
- Write and oversee the design of the project Annual Report.
- Publish the monthly/quarterly e-newsletter, sharing out the latest from the Project, the implementing partners and field.
- Create and update promotional materials, including one pager, brochures, presentations, case/success stories stories from the project
- Conduct interviews with project staff, beneficiaries and partners at events and through field visits to develop new promotional materials, learning materials, case stories, etc. through a variety of media (print, online, video, etc.).
- Ensure that all print and online communications are consistent with USAID messaging and brand marketing policies and strategies.
- Master of Public Health, Communications, Media Studies, Public Relations or related Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the communications field, planning, writing, editing, and producing communications through a variety of print and online media.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to convey messages through clear and concise writing.
- Creativity and entrepreneurial spirit encouraged.
- Experience managing websites and social media. WordPress experience preferred.
- Experience with webinars and online learning platforms. Adobe Connect experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Premiere). Graphic design experiences a plus.
- Photography and/or video production skills preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, remain calm and organized under pressure, and supervise multiple contractors is required.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Fluency in written English and Kiswahili required.
- Knowledge of French or Spanish a plus.
DESIRABLE QUALITIES FOR ALL APPLICANTS
ELCT is seeking for experienced, self-motivated, highly competent individuals with exemplary ethical conduct to join the Anticipated OVC Next Generation program
Dependable: Applicant must be dependable and can be relied on to uphold his/her responsibilities without having to be micromanaged
Good Communicator: Must have superior communications skills. Need to understand the message and deliver it clearly to the target audience
Productive: The project demands productivity from its participants,
Qualification: All applicants must meet the minimum requirements stipulated in each position
Mode of Application:
Email your application letter and resume with names of current three references and their contact information before the Application Deadline.
Applications should be sent by email only to the addresses below and should note the position title in the Subject Line:
The 3 Referees: These must include your current employer (if employed), your peer or immediate supervisor, and A same rank colleague or subordinate who can make a honest recommendation or reference for you.
All application should be sent to:
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania
P.O. Box 3033
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for submitting the application is on 28 January 2022 at 4pm.
Due to large volume of application expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for discussion and interviews.
ELCT is an equal opportunity employer