Public Relations, Communication and Member’s Affairs Officer
The Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC) is a Tanzanian, non-governmental organization that is private, voluntary, non-partisan, and not-for-profit sharing organization. It is registered and incorporated under the Companies (Act), Cap. 212, R.E. 2002, as a company without shares limited by guarantee, it has been in operation since September 1995. For more about LHRC visit http://www.humanrights.or.tz
LHRC intends to increase her workforce by recruiting a Public Relations, Communication and Member’s Affairs Officer as per the below details:
Position: Public Relations, Communication and Member’s Affairs Officer (1 Post)
Reporting to: Director of Empowerment and Accountability
Duty Station: Justice Lugakingira House, Kijitonyama, Dar es salaam
Terms of Service: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities.
The position will involve but not limited to the following areas of responsibility;
- Adhere and implement the PR Communications standards, policies &procedures.
- Develop and maintain the image of the LHRC and respond to requests for information on the organisation’s programmes.
- Initiate various communication channels, awareness and sensitization camps to increase the visibility of organisation’s work towards human rights.
- Document the organization’s work through various communication channels to ensure that LHRC’s initiatives are recognised.
- Represent LHRC to its stakeholders, interested parties and the public accompanying the ED
- Manage and Coordinate LHRC Members and Stakeholders
- Produce communications products when required including press releases and newsletters.
- Manage LHRC Media Outlets including Website, Social Media and Youtube Channel (HakiTV)
- Exhibit LHRC Core values through branding
- Coordinate LHRC events.
- Establish a pool of resource persons for radio and TV Programs which can be used by mass education programs.
- Produce reports and related documentation of all LHRC communications events.
- Monitor human rights reporting in the national print and electronic media.
- Coordinate media for coverage of human rights issues in general and LHRC events and programmes in support of the public empowerment programme.
- Offer Technical expertise in matters regarding communication and provide advice on different activities that will boost LHRC’s visibility and brand to the community.
- Keep a log for LHRC information as they appear in media and make a monthly statistics report
- Conduct staff trainings on communication strategy, branding and other soft communication skills.
- Conduct official visits to key stakeholders accompanying the ED
- Manage LHRC Media relations activities, including writing and reviewing content and securing approval for press release and other media materials.
- Draft content and manage approvals and distribution of the LHRC electronic and print newsletter,
- Assist project officers and management in preparations of presentations and speeches.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Public Relations, Mass Communications, Journalism, and other related fields .
- Masters Degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the field of communication.
- Knowledge and understanding of national, regional and international human rights laws
- Critical Thinking skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Effective Communications skills/Oral and Written
- Teamwork and Collaboration skills
- Information Technology Application skills
- Social Media Management skills
- Graphics and multimedia design skills
- Photography and videography skills
- Web management skills
- Leadership skillsProfessionalism/Work Ethic
- Ability to generate creative communications and imaging products
- Ability to enforce compliance with standards
- Ability to produce comprehensive reports
- Ability to mult-task and work under pressure
- Ability to establish and sustain stakeholder relationships
- Ability to effectively communicate in English and Kiswahili
- Good team player
Application should include the following;
- A well Detailed Curriculum Vitae which incorporates all contacts telephone/Mobile numbers, postal address e-mail and Physical address as well as a motivational letter.
- Certified Copies of relevant Certificates of Form IV, VI, University Degree, Academic Transcripts, Birth Certificates, and all other relevant certificates
- Full Names and detailed address of three referees (Address should include Mobile Phone(s), email and postal address.
Mode of Application.
All applications should be sent to Legal and Human Rights Centre through postal address or via email as indicated below.
Legal and Human Rights Centre
P.O BOX 75254
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for applications: February 25,2021. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a successful candidate may be obtained before the deadline. Therefore, kindly send application as soon as you can.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for further details & test / interview,if you don’t hear from us, consider yourself Unsuccessful.
LHRC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, People with Disabilities and Youths are strogly advised to apply.