POSITION – COMMUNICATION/PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER
Job Title : COMMUNICATION/PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER Reporting to : Secretary General Duty Station : Dar es Salaam Age Limit : Not above 45 Years. Posts : 1
- Support development and rollout of the internal and external communications framework, clearly identifying the messages, stakeholders, and channels of communications with a clear work-plan and budget to guide implementation. ii. Promote positive visibility within media channels, protect the image and reputation of the organization, build, and maintain relationships with the media. Also provide support to visits of international media and other groups to TRCS project sites. iii. Support generation of content for internal and external publications including: staff newsletter; annual report production, fact-sheets, capacity statements, calendars, diaries, Intranet, TRCS Central platforms and Connections.
- Reinforce strong brand presence and ensure application and consistency of TRCS
communications brand policy across all internal and external products and materials. v. Develop resources as part of documentation (i.e. impact stories, videos and photos) to share
on Support Office platforms, TRCS intranet and website and for all staff usage. vi. Build capacity of TRCS non-communicators in: story-telling, video capturing, photo taking; and provide support to rollout Sponsorship 2.0 and Community Introductory Videos for an enhanced donor experience. vii. Create content, update and maintain the TRCS organizational website as a marketing platform for donor audiences. Also, develop and maintain a photo database with an effective storage system. viii. Produce emergency communications messaging and products (web based situation reports, stories and photos) and ensure internal audiences are informed and updated in a timely manner.
- i) English language fluency (written and verbal) ii) Excellent writing skills, with photographic and/or video skills also preferred iii) Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public iv) High level of confidence and confidentiality v) Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and yet be able to deliver high quality
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required: BA in journalism or communications/public relations from
an Accredited University/college. ii. Experience: Minimum of two (2) years working experience part of which in an international
context. iii. Preferred Qualification: Working experience an NGO, journalism or communications/public
relations. iv. Experience in emergency communication and communication for grants acquisition
- Skilled in applying professional public relations principles and procedures. vi. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills vii. A good command of both written and spoken English
ABILITIES i) Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and adhere to professional code of
conduct ii) Ability to treat all staff and volunteer with respect, without prejudice iii) Ability to provide high quality and ethical service for the benefit of National Society iv) Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy v) Ability to be flexible and manage stress vi) Ability to support Tanzania Red Cross Society calling and adhere to the Tanzania Red Cross
Society Code of Conduct
Mode of Application: Interested candidates with the required qualifications and experience are advised to submit their application letters to the address mentioned below; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of at least three referees; certified copies of academic certificates; Birth Certificate or National ID or Passport (Provide only one document) and other relevant awards.
Applications may be submitted directly by hand delivery to either TRCS Headquarter – Dar es Salaam Office;TRCS Kigoma Office; TRCS Ngaraganza Office – Kasulu District; TRCS Makere Office – Kasulu District, TRCS Kibondo – RFL Office and TRCS Mtendeli Office – Kakonko District.
No applications will be received/considered through email or any other form of online submission.
The deadline for submission is 24thJanuary 2020 by 16.00 Hrs.
Only short listed candidates meeting the minimum set criteria will be invited for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Secretary General, Tanzania Red Cross Society, Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni B, Plot No. 53, Block ‘C’, P.O Box 1133, DAR ES SALAAM
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.