To provide technical support to World Vision Tanzania’s (WVT) image building initiatives in developing, managing and maintaining partner relations and development. This also involves developing and disseminating key communications resources for marketing, grant acquisition, public awareness and management of emergencies.
Under the overall guidance of the National Director with matrix supervision of the Regional Communications Director, the Communications Manager supervises the communications team as well as composes, edits, and manages the production of a full range of material to effectively support the advancement goals of the Business Development and Quality Assurance Unit to market WVT’s mission and achievements to diverse publics for the aim of seeking grants.
The incumbent will lead and supervise remotely the work of WVT Senior Communications Officers. He/she will also be expected to collaborate with WVT at the clusters level, WV Support Offices and media to communicate development results of the grants and non-grant portfolios.
The incumbent will also observe the mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required: Masters in marketing, journalism, development or corporate communication/public relations.
- Experience: 5 to 7 years working experience. Proven track record in the effective use of marketing and communications for fund-raising
- Preferred Qualification:
- Technical skills/Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of oral and written communications and
- interpersonal relations skills in order to determine the most effective communications and presentation materials
- Professional level skills in publications development with writing and editing experience preferably with a non-profit organization
- Skill in writing for a variety of audiences. Skill in writing and editing news and feature articles. Ability to
- write/edit in a variety of writing styles, ability to draft materials on a wide range of topics. Strong editing
- and proofreading skills
- Familiarity of fund-raising techniques including, proposal writing and public relations
- The ability to translate complex technical language and ideas into language easily comprehensible to
- Photographic and video skills also preferred
- High level of confidence and confidentiality
- Ability to use a variety of personal computer software applications, including desktop publishing
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based in Dar Es Salaam with frequent travel
- Travel: 20% local travel is required
- On call: 5%