Volunteer role: Communications & Marketing Adviser
|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Application Closing Date:||28 Feb 2019|
|Interview date:||to be confirmed|
|Start date:||11st March 2019|
VSO is the world’s leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion, a highly effective approach that helps millions of people in uplifting their livelihoods. In our quest to create world without poverty, we seek to recruit highly talented and performance oriented individual in the position of Marketing Adviser.
About VSO Tanzania.
VSO Tanzania have a long and successful track record of supporting the work of Tanzanian organizations through the provision of technical assistance, mentoring and training. Our success is based on a model of long term capacity building of local partners, through tailored coaching by highly skilled professionals. This model enables us to go beyond the impact of traditional training, and allows us to focus on creating a learning culture within the organizations where we work.
Tanzania Local Enterprise Development Project (T-LED), support 1760 Small Medium Entrepreneurs (SME’s) through targeted tier 1 support to 160 growth oriented local SMEs to increase employment and incomes through the securing of contracts associated with foreign investments in the mining, gas and agricultural sectors and tier 2 support to 1600 local SMEs to access associate supply chains.
The 5-year T-LED Project aims to create 2,500 jobs by supporting small businesses to access new markets.
Funded by Global Affairs Canada, the project helps local small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to overcome existing barriers. Training and coaching in business, marketing, and finance is offered to SMEs across the four target regions.
The project will be managed and implemented by Cuso International in partnership with VSO in Tanzania in four regions of Tanzania: Mtwara and Lindi in the South (gas sector), the Lake Victoria zone surrounding Mwanza in the North (mining sector) and Iringa in the center (agriculture).
You will ensure a results driven standardized Marketing Service Model is offered and maintained across all Regions. Conduct quarterly visits to each Region to understand and ensure that Tanzania Local Enterprise Development ( T-LED) Marketing Services are meeting Small Medium Entrepreneurs (SME) needs and growing their businesses.
Skills, qualifications and experience
You have a bachelor degree in business, marketing or related subject.
– A minimum of 10 years Marketing Management in corporate Marketing.
– Experience in business planning and enterprise development.
– Demonstrated success in developing and implementing strategic marketing plans.
– Analytical thinker with a proven ability to review outcomes and translate insights into actionable strategies and tactics that drive results within a tight timeframe.
– Managed and directed teams to develop innovative cost effective marketing approaches that drive results.
– Ability to drive results on a shoestring budget.
– Project management, facilitation and training skills.
As a VSO volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full time basis. VSO will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency. This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
Some background about VSO
Much has changed since VSO started 60 years ago. We’ve gone from being a UK charity to a truly global development organisation. In 2016/2017 alone, we worked with over 7,000 volunteers from all over the world and from all backgrounds to deliver services that had an impact on the lives of almost 2.6 million people in the 24 countries where we work. Our programmes focus on the areas of health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We believe progress is only possible when we work together and that strong partnerships are crucial to delivering positive change. That’s why we work with over 500 partner organisations, from local and national governments, to businesses, NGOs, funders, charities and community groups. Currently, over 30% of our people are recruited from within the country in which they work, and we continue to grow the share of community and national volunteers involved in our programmes. We also send increasing numbers of volunteers from one developing country to another. However, our vision has remained the same; to build a world without poverty.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
You May Also LIke These Jobs
- Jobs at the The School of St Jude Academic Policy and Procedure Coordinator
- Animal Health Country (Operations Lead) Manager – Dar es Salaam
- Nafasi za kazi : Animal Diagnostic Manager – IQVIA Dar Es Salaam,
- Jobs at Canadian Embassy Dar es salaam – Driver
- Assistant Protection Officer – UNHCR – Nafasi za kazi 2019
- Internship Program For Fresh Graduates In Internal Audit – Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS),
- Common Service Assistant – Canadian Embassy (Dar es Salaam – Nafasi za kazi 2019
- Volunteers Opportunities at Integrating capacity and community advancement organization (ICCAO)
- Jobs at The Roads Fund Board (RFB), Chief Internal Auditor
- Jos at NMB Bank – National Microfinance Bank Jobs
- Job at at Qatar Airways, Airport Services Manage
- Emergency Officer at Norwegian Refugee Council-NRC
- Branch Managers – at Equity Bank Dar es Salaam,
- Job opportunities at Soma Biblia – Branch Manager Trainee
- Nafasi za Kazi – NRC – Store Clerk & Distribution Attendants – Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Nfasi ya Kazi Finance and Administrative Assistant – Dar es Salaam
- Assistant Accountant CUM Sales – FASTLINK SAFARIS LIMITED
- Nafasi za Kazi Help Desk Information Officer & HR/Admin Assistant – Norwegian Refugee Council
- Regional Senior Surveillance and M&E at FHI 360 Specialist Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Health Specialist (Newborn), P4, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania – UNICEF
- Job Opportunities at at Mtwara Society Against Poverty (MSOAPO)
- Government set to employ over 5,500 science teachers in 2019
- Community Facilitator-Volunteer at Save the children tanzania
- Reception Centre Assistant – NRC Tanzania
- Accountant – The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) ,Dar es Salaam,