Reports to: Communications Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement quarterly media strategies and action points as per HJFMRI’s media strategy.
- Identify and guide HJFMRI-T key thematic program areas on development of relevant Information, Educational and Communication/ Social Behavior Communication Change (IEC / SBCC) collateral materials
- Promote the work of HJFMRI-T, through mainstream and social media, managing and updating the content of HJFMRI-T Website, Twitter, Instagram, and all social media handles.
- Design and layout of creative artworks for different collateral materials and social media platforms.
- Work with different program departments to copy-write social media messages on daily/weekly activities and achievements.
- Analyze and monitor social media statistics on a regular basis and provide recommendations to increase reach through evidence-based data.
- Identify, develop, and maintain excellent relationships with key media players, journalists, and broadcasters in Tanzania.
- Collate content and create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related communications materials.
- Support program teams with innovative ways of presenting plans, reports, and other communications products.
- Work with the program regional teams and all departments to develop and implement full-fledged campaigns.
- Identify, document, write, and publish HJFMRI-T’s success stories best practices for various audiences through websites, social media handles, newspaper articles, and media engagements.
- Coordinate the participation of the Program in key national and international events.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build loyalty, brand awareness, and client satisfaction.
- Responsible for planning, coordination, and execution of all high-level VIP interactions.
- Manage communications service providers as required, assuring the branding is correct as per guidelines and products are of good quality.
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner
Key Competencies and skills
- The Communications Officer must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in both English and Kiswahili;
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and translation skills
- Demonstrate excellent ability to effectively utilize social media channels to reach the intended target audience and build an online presence
- A wide degree of creativity and excellent skills in graphic design
- Ability to develop a media and communications strategy and a strong portfolio of previous Media, PR and Communications work;
- Excellent editorial skills and attention to detail;
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including the ability to present concepts to mixed audiences
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self-motivated with time management skills
Required educational qualification/ Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, Journalism, Digital Design and Technology, International Relations, Public Relations, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure with the ability to prioritize work issues to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- An excellent understanding and good relationship with the Tanzanian media industry;
- Event management skills is an advantage
- Experience of working in an NGO is an added advantage but not mandatory
HOW TO APPLY
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent through e-mail to [email protected]
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 31st , 2020.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.