Asasi ya Uwezeshaji Tanzania – ASUTA working in partnership with FHI 360 on Epidemic Control (EpiC) which is a global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. It is led by FHI 360 as prime and has a five-year period of performance from April 15, 2019 to April 14, 2024.
ASUTA offer the following open vacancy for interested candidate;
Job Title: Community engagement Officer
- Coordinate, supervise and manage field interventions conducted by Community Based Health Service (CBHS) providers and report on deliverables. Also, s/he will play a liaison role between local community leadership, Municipal authority, Police Gender Desk and the Organisation on course of program implementation in various trainings, workshops and meetings.
- Mainstreaming and developing AGYWs at risk in accessing to education, reproductive health, HIV, HTC, GBV and entrepreneurship.
- Providing comprehensive campaign for behavioral change communication within communities at risk.
- Focusing on negative behaviors in communities which prevent young women participation in social changes, self-reliance and health services.
- Improving the performance of PEs at their local operation areas.
- Support daily PEs intervention and report,
- Monitoring of classes handled by PEs and provides necessary support.
- Collaborating with project manager to ensure smooth implementations of project activities.
- And other work as directed.
Job related experience and knowledge:
- Degree in Sociology, Social Work, Commerce (Marketing), community development and related field.
- 2 years’ experience in managing health programs in NGO setting planning, designing, supervising, reporting and evaluating healthcare programs
- Previous experience and understanding of Gender policies and women’ rights policies is preferred
- Experience of working in key population programs is an Added advantages
- Demonstrated ability in managing teams to achieve health results
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts and other agencies and organizations worldwide
- Aware of and sensitive to working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multicultural/behavioural groups
- Proven leadership skills as well as skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
- Willingness to work overtime for project success
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV, passport size photo and cover letter (only) indicating position applied. Through our email address email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 20th September 2020. Each application should include at least three referees Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Note: Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment or fees should be treated with extreme caution, viewed as potentially fraudulent and reported TO TAKUKURU (PCCB) immediately.