Community Engagement Officers (5 posts)
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania (Amref Tz) is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) has strategically selected Amref Tz as its sub grantee under its recently awarded U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Tanzania’s Comprehensive Client Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis (CH3P-HIV&TB) -Northern Activity. Under C3HP, EGPAF and its partners offers USAID a responsive and forward-thinking approach that will address the evolving needs of the people of Tanzania as they relate to HIV, tuberculosis (TB), and family planning (FP) services across each continuum of care. Under the C3HP, Amref Tz brings its deep expertise on strategic community engagement for improved health outcomes, and will work to ensure community services are reaching target populations, specifically women and girls, children, young people, and other vulnerable groups. The C3HP-HIV&TB Northern will be implemented for five years (2021 – 2026) in five regions including Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Manyara, Singida and Dodoma regions. The C3HP team will collaborate with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), and the President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), Regional and Districts Local Governments’ Authorities to ensure increased demand for and use of quality HIV, TB, and FP services, leading to improved health outcomes. With this, Amref Tz is announcing the following positions to be filled for this project:
Position: Community Engagement Officers (5 posts)
Reports to: Regional Strategic Results Manager
Location: Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Manyara, Dodoma, Singida
The Community Engagement Officer will spearhead, coordinate and implement provision of routine community HIV/TB comprehensive services including Community HIV testing to targeted population (KVP), Provision of PrEP services, Community TB/HIV collaborative services, Promotion of Community HIV self-testing , tracking of ART defaulters (clients with treatment interruption) and strengthen linkage and referela systems to improve social norms for healthy behavior and increase engagement of communities and citizens for quality health service deliver. S/he will collaborate with R/CHMT, CBOs and FBOs throughout the implementation and ensure key interventions are executed timely.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the work of CHWs/Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators), by making sure community activities are well planned and implemented to facilitate Comprehensive HIV service provision (HTS, PrEP, HIVST, TB, and KVP)
- Supervision of HTS service including mobile testing, self-testing, and index testing to reach key population.
- Supporting Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) during Community works including group education, individual education, outreach services for both moonlight and mobile testing and client’s referrals and linkages.
- Supervising and supporting formation of PrEP groups in the project by making sure groups are managed by the team members for sustainability in working area.
- Work in collaborative with LGA’s in managing community engagement portfolio.
- Coordinate and support the Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to implement and monitor the timely implementation of comprehensive HIV services and provision of friendly services to all KVP clients
- Manage peer educators and peer navigator to ensure proper planning and implementation of community engagement related activities like demand creation, group, and individual education sessions.
- Support PEs to ensure that vulnerability index tool administered and filed for all AGYW/ABYW enrolled in the project.
- Work with project and district officials to facilitate community engagement trainings to, CHWs, CBHP, peer educators and navigators and other relevant training required.
- Support integration of HTS with other biomedical and behavioral intervention to key population
- Work with FBOs, CBO and local leaders in addressing project strategies on community engagement targeting AGYW & ABYW
- Establish effective work relationship with other stakeholders and CHMT partners on program activities
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently and in an integrated manner
- Prepare monthly and weekly route plan for the project to reach targeted population. Prepare document experiences, briefs, and success stories
- Monitor Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) and Providers implement plans and progress of community engagement portfolio as per project targets
- Provide weekly update and monthly report to Regional Strategic Manager.
- Conducting weekly performance for Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to assess performance and share area of improvement.
- Working closely with the M&E Officers to evaluate data and program progress.
- Conducting monthly meetings with Providers, Peer (educators, mobilizers, and navigators) to share progress in a specific month and plan for the next month.
- Bachelor’ degree in public health, social work or other related degree required, 3 to 5 years of relevant experience working with comprehensive HIV/TB interventions at the community level
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national HIV/AIDS and TB guidelines, standards and protocols.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
- Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs, FBO and health facilities to implement public health projects, especially those working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
How to Apply:-
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS December 08, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not be easily retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected]
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above
Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.